Attention! We're rallying new Supporters to help us keep ads off Newgrounds!

Please consider becoming a Supporter today!

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Vain Star"

When I played through the stage. . .

I didn't notice the violins at all. I was far too busy yelling at some fool who kept dieing.

percusive madness

love the psy trance ghost effects, and the idm sounding wak. koo. sound. the drums are perfect. i also love your lead ins ever few measures. very well calculated and executed. the strings totally give this more than an amped feel to it and give it quite the personality of vanity and drama. My fav part is at 225.. love the breakdown into the buildup and the synth that takes the violin line...
just wanna let you know i play this song alot around the house and very very much enjoy it. the ending fading lead line is a perfect ending.

cycerin responds:

Thanks man! I somehow missed this great review until now. Dig that you liked the synth that overlays the violin melody towards the end, I've been kinda worrying it might sound a bit cheesy.

Incredible.

This tops the cake with an icing that could make a cake no more perfect than originally imagined, and surpasses it entirely. There's just something about the dark vibe I get from it that I can't stay away from. You have yet to end my addiction to your music. This is a piece that I will refuse to forget.

cant come close to the vibes in this song

atmosphere is unbelievably engulfing.

Love this song!!