Nice attempt, but seriously flawed...
Maelstormm, I think you're cool. You make a conserving effort to finish this game, and to please the fans, and you have succeeded at both. But there are just WAY too many problems with Megaman Next.
1. The enemies always have a cheap advantage. IE: They're always faster than you, and sometimes stronger than you. I'm not talking about the bosses either. I'm talking about those annoying normal enemies which constantly use cheap tactics to defeat you. They are almost always out of reach of your blaster and at the begining of each stage they're RIGHT NEXT TO YOU, so you lose 1/4th of your health off the bat. Plus they are too fast. If they were even slightly slower, you could still have enough challenge to keep the game running smooth, increase framerate, AND make the game less frustrating.
2. The levels have too many cheap deaths. You need to design better levels, because there are too many blind jumps, boxy, closed in walls and ceilings, and too many cramped spaces which give the enemies the advantage.
3. The bosses attacks home in on you.
4. Megaman can only jump over enemy attacks half the time.
5. The bosses seem to know where you are going BEFORE you do it.
6. Obviously the controls are a little messed, but it never bothered me too much.
So I hope you take these things into consideration, because otherwise, you could end up ruining what could be a great game.
??? Faster than you ???
The little flying balls all you gotta do is stop jumping and let them come down. Then hop up and shoot'm when the lids open. If you keep jumping then they'll keep going up to avoid being shot. The game is meant to be more of a reactive game than your usual Megaman, meaning things are going to happen fast and when you're not prepared you get f***ed up. Besides they are always in the same spots, lets say you do get killed the first time, at least the second time you should be prepared. None of the enemies start off in a position that creates an instant hit (The 1 part of Punchman's stage is probably the closest to being ambushed). You just gotta be ready once the stage starts, hell you gotta be ready constantly. Most of the bosses have nice AI and will attack the area your in. Why would they want to shoot in a spot if you weren't there? There are very few blind jumps in the game. There are always clues letting you know where to go even if they are subtle (look at the clouds in Jetman's stage or arrows in Punchman's). I probably could've opened up more areas, but at the time it seemed decent. The controls are not to my liking to much either, but until Flash supports controllers there's no easy way to make it. Thanks for feedback
You have brought back memories
This is amazing!I dont know how you did it!You placed everything right no mess up's at all!You could work at Capcom or something with this!
Bug:Think I found it in ArsenalMans stage where those little ladder like things at the start you cant get on them.Is that a bug or is that how its supposed to work?
The little chains things are NOT ground. I probably should make them less confusing. I couldn't begin to describe how I made this :( ... so... much... code...
So you finally finished it ehh?
I was wondering how long you would take to finish this game. I can definetly see the hardwork and effort you put into this. The bosses run smoother since last i played the demo of this game. I think knunchuk man (however you spell it) got harder to beat. The bosses are much more fun to dodge for some odd reason. I hope you make a sequel that is even better than this. too bad the debug thing doesnt work anymore. i kinda wanted to mess with it and try to manipulate the game to my own will. I also wish i knew how to do that ^__^'. keep up the good work. This will be the best game on newgrounds for a long time. I can assure you.
Nunchakuman reaims when he starts his ultimate, it makes him alot meaner. There probably won't be a sequal since after the game my comic picks up. There will probably be other games though. In the comic there will be parts that are going to be playable, but I haven't made any yet. Hope it was worth the wait.
wow, that was very good, but i stink at it. good job and clearly you'll be in the top 5
Check back for the strategy guide and give it another shot then.
HAhaha Woahhh HAHyeeyyy wooooohooo
HAhaha Woahhh HAHyeeyyy wooooohoooHAhaha Woahhh HAHyeeyyy wooooohoooHAhaha Woahhh HAHyeeyyy wooooohoooHAhaha Woahhh HAHyeeyyy Woahhh HAHyeeyyy wooooohoooHAhaha Woahhh HAHyeeyyy wooooohoooHAhaha Woahhh HAHyeeyyy Woahhh HAHyeeyyy wooooohoooHAhaha Woahhh HAHyeeyyy wooooohoooHAhaha Woahhh HAHyeeyyy wooooohooo
dude that kicked ass fuck man we need more megaman fans like you hahaha i sucked at the game but wooooowwww congratulations
I'm making the strategy guide to help everyone out.