Very nice idea, but...
- if you know what's coming you can just try to protect the pawns in the beginning; on the 2nd try I managed to promote 5 pawns for a total of 6 queens
- the fog of war messes with strategic play, because the enemy pices see right through it, resulting in 'gotcha' moments when they take your scouting piece; especially annoying because there is no undo function
- AI is sometimes really stupid
- game window is too big to fit on the screen; scrolling is annoying
- buff the view range; maybe only for a few pieces, eg. knight and bishop, so they can be useful as scouts
- alternatively, add a shop system where I can buy new pieces or upgrade existing pieces (eg. give the King an additional step; increase viewrange of the knight; buy an undo-once perk for the bishop etc.)
- make the window smaller and maybe update the graphics