Hey I beat this game! Very well made keep up the good work.
- I think if you do the gems like the yoshi coin style from super mario world is better than doing the small gems + large gems. They are a bit random and I think most people are not going to bother collecting all the small gems
- The firing mechanic needs to be tweaked a bit in the controls. I find it hard to accurately get a blast out, maybe dedicated button instead of smashing down but I you intended that way for some reason
- The boss branch bounce is too tricky lol I'm pretty sure the branches homes on you when you are near by am I right? Because of the bounce animation it throws me off on where I should be moving
And on a side note
- for the longest time I thought the buttons in the final castle were mushrooms! I didn't bother hitting them and couldn't figure out where to go. It's just me though
Played fine on Firefox with keyboard. No need to recommend Chrome :)
Thanks for the feedback!
- The gems work as currency to buy stuff in the shop after each level (given that the player found the level's Star Coin). Like the basic coins in Super Mario Bros, the player doesn't HAVE to collect them all.
- For the spell casting mechanic, I know it can be harder to use and aim accurately than a single button press, but with practice it becomes second nature, and I also think it's more fun like this. Besides, stomping the enemies remains the main method of attack.
- The nut shards were not homing on you. There's a slight randomness to the bouncing angle, and the strength of the bounce is greater when a nut hits a block instead of the ground.
- As for the switches you've mistaken for mushrooms, I've added a subtle flashing animation to them to draw the player's attention (not in the demo build though).
I'm missing something here: how do you complete a level? I've collected - as far as I can tell - all the gems that are available on level 1-1 (80). I get to a stack of platforms where the top one has what looks like a door. I can't go through the door. What am I doing wrong?
When the character is standing in front of a doorway, press up to enter and continue. Thanks for playing the game.
Awesome. Great graphics if a bit monotone, like things were all of the same hue? Sorry, I don't know the technical terms for visuals. ike sometimes things were hard to distiguish. The music got a bit boring but loved it. great game.
Thanks for the comment! I understand what you mean, I did this to make sure that the background doesn't make it difficult at all to see what's going on.
WAAAAY too hard because of the nearly-impossible-to-beat things that jump out of the water at you. They are fast and shoot undodgable things.
Also, why is this guy a mage? He has no spells.
It's too bad you didn't seem to enjoy my game at all. However, if the fish creatures at the lake area were too much for you, I'm afraid your skill level is just too low, and that my game isn't meant for you. You should try playing easier platformers first (check for autorunners).