Welcome to Colossorama! A place built for the most violent people! Pick a sword, ditch it for a spear, swap it for a hammer, take a drink or two, and get slashing and bashing! Only those that can adapt will be remembered in the Pantheon of Gladiators! So, get in there and make us proud. After all, heads won’t chop themselves, you know.
(Version 1.2B1 - 18 September 2017)
• After surviving a wave of enemies, select a new Weapon or Item, and fight another round! But you can only carry so much with you, so keep swapping until you get the weapons you like the most!
• There used to be about 28 weapons and items to choose from. There’s over 60 now! Will you choose ranged over knockback? Healing over speed? Status effects over damage? Keep adapting to keep surviving!
• Swords, spears, axes, hammers, scythes, staves and many more! There’s poison, freezing, stunning, invincibility, projectiles, and more variables as well!
• You may fight in Colossorama mode for the core head-slashing experience, or choose from one of many challenges! There’s fast paced combat, moon gravity, powerful enemies only and even a party mode for good measure!
• 18 playable characters for Colossorama mode, each with their own starting loadout! Can you unlock them all?
• There’s nothing more honourable than bragging about your score on Twitter, so there’s a button just for that!
CONTROLS FOR KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
• Move with the A (Left Arrow) and D (Right Arrow) keys.
• Jump by pressing W (Up Arrow), or by pressing the Space-bar.
• Attack by Left-Clicking (Z) or Right-Clicking (X) with your mouse. Each of the sides will use their respective weapons.
• Press E (C) to use your item.
• Pick Weapons Cards by Left-Clicking (Z) or Right-Click (X) with your mouse. The card will replace the respective weapon.
• Pick Item Cards by Left-Clicking (C). The card will be placed on your item slot.
CONTROLS FOR CONTROLLERS
• Move with the Left Stick or with the D-Pad.
• Jump by pressing A (Cross), pressing Up on the D-Pad, or by tilting the Left-Stick Up.
• Attack by pressing X (Square) and Y (Triangle). Each of the buttons will use their respective weapons.
• Press B (Circle) to use your item.
• Pick Weapons Cards by pressing X (Square) or Y (Triangle). The card will replace the respective weapon.
• Pick Item Cards by pressing B (Circle). The card will be placed on your item slot.
• Created, Developed & Presented by Whales And Games
• Development Team
◦ Programming – JorgeGameDev https://twitter.com/JorgeGameDev
◦ Graphics – The 'Moski https://twitter.com/The_Moski
◦ Audio - RobinhoodPT https://twitter.com/RobinhoodYT
• Special Thanks
◦ Fonts (Alagard, Boo City and Silk Screen) – Hewett Tsoi, Rosden Shadow, Tyler Finck
◦ Rewired Unity Input Wrapper - Guavaman Enterprises
◦ UI Outline and Scrollrect Scripts - Melang and Twiik (Unity Forums)
◦ Assorted Sounds - Audio Productions Youtube Channel
- • -
Back in June of this year, a website not affiliated with Whales And Games (we, the creators and developers of Colossorama) published, without previous request or authorization, a previous version of the game here to the site. Once we discovered this, we immediately contacted Newgrounds which gratefully aided us and took the submission down. Since then, we have been planning to publish the game officially to the site, and recently finished a major update we wanted to finish before submitting it again for the Newgrounds community.
This uploaded version here to Newgrounds is being fully handled by ourselves - Whales And Games - and we thank the Newgrounds community who have played and left feedback on the previously re-uploaded version of the game. We hope, this time around, to be able to interact directly with the site's community now that we can do it ourselves, and look forward to reading and replying to your rewiews!