This game definitely has the look and feel of a professional game and plays almost as well as some of the classic platformers. I only played a few levels but I found it very enjoyable and it reminded me of a more cartoony version of the platformer "Super Meat Boy".
There were only 2 things that were a little off:
1. The controls feel a little stiff. I feel like the character's movement should be more reactive.
2. The mouse does not show on the screen making it difficult to click the menu buttons.
Other than that I thought the game was fantastic.
Keep up the good work :)
Thanks for your review.
I don't know why mouse don't show up, When i play the game mouse works fine.
If your using chrome try using firefox instead.
if problem still persist plz contact me, i will try my best to solve it.
A simple platformer. The graphics and sound are very good - it has the appearance of a polished, finished, professional game, especially when compared to a lot of the stuff that ends up here on NG.
Issues I had:
1. The jump is weak. If you're used to Mario or the millions of other platformers out there, you'll find yourself thinking you can jump up to a platform or across a gap and then failing to make it. The player character can barely jump it's own height.
2. The jump button only work about half the time. You'll often find yourself falling off ledges you meant to jump across. Also, often the player character gets suck somehow inside the edge of a platform when trying to jump up to it.
3. After failing a level, restating can only be done by clicking with the mouse. I couldn't find any keyboard way of restating, which is weird because this is a keyboard-only game. Same for the main menu, mouse only. But then the actual game is keyboard only.
4. Level loads are VERY slow, surprising for how small the levels are. When clicking a level from level select, or restart from the game over menu, there is a fade-out while it loads the level. Takes about 5 seconds before you can play. Very annoying.
Thanks for your review i really found this helpful.
I will look forward to solve this issues.
being able to move and jump would be nice rather that having to do one then the other. i cant count the number of times i died trying to jump and the character keeps moving forward into a pit
Download the PC version here "http://adf.ly/1nDnB1" it has less input issues.
Being able to start and restart a level with spacebar or some key would be nice. Constantly jumping back and forth between keyboard and mouse just to start a level was annoying.
Thanks for your opinion 'didgeboy287'.
I should try to implement this feature in future updates soon.
Nifty little game, platforming and collecting. Sometimes hard to tell where to go.
Biggest problem is lost inputs. about one out of every 5 or so space bar presses just doesn't register. Also, some walls i can press against, get stuck in, and scale by spamming jump
You can download the PC version here "http://adf.ly/1nDnB1" it has less input issues and gives better performance than browser WebGL Version.
Btw Thanks for your review.