Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
Join the team of bounty hunters in their adventure in the fantasy world. Explore new lands, kill monsters and bosses and loot them! Hire new heroes, update and equip them to have the best team around.
Want even more loot? Complete Missions and take part in Quests for extra gold and items.
Good luck, adventurer!
Love the game. Beat the game. Need new levels.
Gameplay----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqifnMEx7O8 Its got that arcade feel which I like. The concept is also pretty cool
Not bad for a vertical shooter game. I haven't played one of these in awhile.
A game concept similar to Band of Heroes (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/611167), coincidentally also authored by Iriy Soft.
If you've played Band of Heroes and have been anxiously awaiting a sequel, well... this isn't. This is more like the cheap Chinese knock-off version.
It's not without some of it's own charms, and the code is solid - I didn't find any obvious glitches or bugs - but on the whole I'd say I enjoyed Band of Heroes more.
First, the positives:
1. When the leader is knocked out, another character will step up to be the leader, where in Band of Heroes you had to play the rest of the level without a leader, or have your cleric revive him/her.
2. Even though there is only 3 classes (as opposed to BoH's 5) you can have multiple characters of a single class, so you can have for example a party of 3 rogues, if you want.
3. The traps (exploding barrels) can hurt your characters or enemies, so it's a matter of timing if you can use them to your advantage. In BoH the enemies seem to ignore traps (lasers, rolling boulders, meteorites, etc)
4. Some of the enemies are hilarious - the goblin fairies, the xmas elves riding around on candy canes, etc.
And then, some criticisms:
1. First off your characters hit their max level (capped at 15) pretty early in the game. I had my primary 3 characters at 15 by the time they finished stage 10 (first big boss). Also, some stats increase with level, but some important ones (shooting, leadership) do not. So for those to increase you have to rely on items.
2. You can't buy skills or upgrades for your characters, and you have to do any improvements with items, or class upgrades. But the class upgrades are so tedious, and the benefits so marginal over the base class, they're hardly worth the effort.
3. It comes down to buying and improving the items. Neither of which you can do directly. You can only buy chests which have a random 3 items in them, and hope those items are any good. So it's a matter of grinding for gold, buying chests, and if you don't get items that are better than what you have, go back to grinding and try again.
4. Items can be improved if you have multiples of them, but the requirements for an upgrade increase exponentially (each level needs twice the one before it) while the benefits only seem to improve about 20-30% each level. And some stats seems to never upgrade, like shooting, leadership, critical, etc.
Mechanics of a Band Of Heroes (check it out, this one was waaaay better) without any, like, ANY story at all. Only gameplay, pure bones, nothing is telling about heroes, or travels, or enemies (WTF why do we want to kill them?).
What have we here?
(haven`t played for too long, because of bad impression of the game comparing to a previous one)
- added 'inventory', and removed the skill tree. 2 slots of weapons which forms the damage (so wroooong) against of, like, ten skills with levels from 1 to 5 (some less). Which is preferable is evident to me.
- the only way to find weapons is to find (or buy) random packs of gear. In chests.
- two items of one level can be combined (with payment) into a better one.
- So much grind. Kill, to make better wearpon, to kill better, to...
And this does smell like sh- I mean, like mechanic of 'buy gems for real money'. There, of course, is an in-game low-class money (gold) and high-class (gems), so it seems pretty real in a future.
- gang members can evolve to a better class (so-called "super-class" so it`s probably the one upgrade only), which also doesn`t give any skill trees.
- even through you can hire new members, the old ones don`t die after they are defeated.
- and if you don`t` grind new weapons, they will be knocked out often because of very little amount of damage they can endure when the enemies will shoot at you as well as down the screen.
And, of course:
- so much was already used in a Band Of Heroes. Game the same, but harder.
- without any plot and explanation, so it`s hard for nothing, as for me.
- without any attention to a heroes - `cause they are not the ones. They are something irrelevant.
- which is gives me a headache and an urge to yell something like this:
- WHERE IS A BAND OF HEROES TWO?! WHY THERE IS THIS ABOMINATION PARODY ON IT?!
Not the first time those game makers pisses me off, btw.
I'll bake you a cupcake so sweet...
Aliens, evil wizards, space vampires, & Shyfters! Just another day in the life of a badass
Stop the killer bees
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.