Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
Pluzzed Souls is a game from Dragon Head Studio and will be avaible on Steam this year. (2017)
Please don't forget to rate our game :D
Don't forget to like our official page on facebook:
*You can download Pluzzed Souls demo for windows in our facebook official page*
I really like the concept here but it was a little to dark for me.
Finding the right path to get through with enough health is a fun concept. But:
- Some explications would be nice to have: I searched for an attack key... there seems to be none apart space? and no visible feedback/weapon when attacking?
- There's a balance issue. idk what could be done, maybe some safe spots ? For now its wait, or play risky. So maybe a some 'safe blocks' to avoid getting stuck between 2 ghosts, or finding ourselves dodge-waiting for 5 ghosts to get out of the way (and if taking the non-waiting risky play style, restarting 10x in the process.)
- Agree w/ Plasmarift below, spawning is discouragingly long.
This has good potential, I hope you keep it up and GL! :)
The game could be good, but it is suffering in a few different ways, the worst being the waiting.
- Having to wait five seconds every time to respawn gets old really quickly. Although the wait isn't long, the time adds up because of a number of factors. For one, many things in the game can kill you in one hit, you can't see too far ahead to see enemies coming, and the shadow characters move about randomly and are impossible to predict with certainty. Both of these will cause the player to die a lot so why do you make the player wait five seconds before letting them replay the level? It should be near instantaneous. I know you are trying to pay homage to Dark Souls, like how it takes a little while for it to reload, but just because it has a long waiting time for restarting, doesn't mean your game should (and it shouldn't for good reason since, in Dark Souls, a player can go a long time before getting killed so the reloading won't bother them and deaths in Dark Souls are often times deserved because of a lack of skill and such. This isn't the case with your game for the most part.) You either need to cut down on the death or cut down on the reset time.
- The game seems to move at a sluggish pace. Pushing blocks and attacking blobs could be done faster.
- There is less puzzle so far and more luck as the most difficult part is navigating through enemies.
- There is no explanation of the controls in the game or in the description (and just pressing buttons randomly doesn't always work since some games have functions that don't work unless you are near a specific object or you reach a specific point in the game. For instance, what is the shield for next to the sword in the menu bar (where the health is)? Can I defend against attacks with it?
I stopped at the level that introduced the blobs. I know I have to get the extra health, but it's too annoying trying to get passed the shadow creatures as they can box you in if you go for the switch.
There are so many things that can be added to improve the game, such as having torches you can light that unlock doors, but lock others, or using your shield to refract light to activate something, or killing an enemy and pushing its corpse onto a switch to hold it down. I could help you come up with more ideas if you'd like the help. I wish you luck in creating your game.
Thank you so much for the review, we will improve so much to final version and a lot of content are comming! Please try our windows version in HD! The link are in game menu! Thank you so much for playing and reviewing!
Watch the transformative power of Art and how Communities change
The Impossible Quiz returns for a Christmas Special
Manage Babylon and its ambitious ministers
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.