I love it. The skill based combat being that if you are fast enough you can avoid taking damage and get to really high rounds if you're skilled enough I really love. You lose a half star though because it just drops you into the game w/o any warning when you start. If you can try to add a tutorial for when someone starts for the very first time as most people, including myself, don't read the author comments before playing.
Ridiculously addicting and a great concept. I normally hate this kind of "quick time combat" thing, but for some reason, this was just so much fun, I kept saying "one more round...just one more..."
4.5 only because i expect you to continue to improve some little things :)
At first, i know you spent only 2/3 days for doing this game, so i take it in consideration in my review.
- This game have awesome graphics
- The music is a bit repetitive but the SFX are good
- The concept can be boring very fast, so i think you will have to integrate a lot of little things to be sure the player is always surprised by what you offer
- Why the keys are at the bottom of the screen whereas the fight is in the middle ? I think you should put the keys over the characters because i want to see the fight while i play
- Maybe i'm a bit dumb, but i often pressed the second key instead of the first one, i think that adding a colorful background to the required key can be a good visual effect.
- More characters than soldiers (now you have more time ;) )
This game have potential !
This game was more than I was expecting! The graphics are great, the music great, and the presentation is great except for one thing--I couldn't find time to enjoy the graphics because the buttons are at the bottom of the screen. There's no time to look at anything else, so maybe putting them in different spots would be a good idea. Would also love to see more upgrades and depth. Nice little game!
you guys did a Great job, especially for your first finished game. It kinda reminded me of one finger death punch
I really enjoyed the pixel art so props to the artist
also props to the programmer for keeping the controls responsive (which is really important to a game based on reflexes like this) and I also see that you did the music and sound which like everything else, is well done
for a game you built in 72 hours its really good.