An awesome game with a high level of difficulty. I played for many hours and every game is different, which make the game even more fun. Stategy is important and it is hard to not lose a single unit. Here's some tips to help in your playthrough :
- Play with your members initiative. The warrior can attack first (without wielding shield) to maximize damage on the monster in front. It also help to balance the xp received (and levels) between characters since only the one who kill receive some xp.
- The warrior can also wield/unwield shield during battle (Only once per attack thought). Press the shield button after he attacked first to maximize damage dealt while reducing received ones.
- Target the most threatening monster first. Use the mouse to choose which rear monster to target first after dealing with the front one. Use wizard's scroll and ranger's arrows if needed.
- Use heal ability often. There a lot of recovery scroll along the way. Use them to heal and protect the group from unnecessary damage.
- Avoid collecting apples to heal. The inn and recovery scrolls are far from enough to heal your party. After clearing a floor from all encounters, apples will be turn to money (Althought they will be use to heal first if the party wasn't full health yet).
- Keep your money for special objects. The inn and the mug are useful but special objects are worth having them. When you go to the next floor, if you have enough money, you can buy both objects. The items double price if not bought when going down.
Most importantly, have fun while playing! Since every game is different, you can retry as much as you want so take your time, develop stategies and at the end, you'll beat the game.