Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
Powered by Unity
WOuldn't sUck NearLy as Bad iF it kept focus and didn't sCroll AlL over tHE plAcE
Does the issue fix when you click the game with mouse? Or does the click only temporarily fix the thing?
Wow, this IS something. I can clearly see that this is still in development, so I'm not going to review this as a complete game. Although I am a sucker for pixel-like/simple-graphics games this one has a lot of ground to cover if it could even be "meh." Let me start with the positives.
+ Like I said before, love the pixel graphics, I'm a sucker for them
+ I really couldn't do anything like this; I can't code nor even try to use Unity
+ I like how it's put in chapters, makes stuff a bit more cohesive
- The arrow keys not only correspond to the game, but the the webpage, so when I press the UP arrow key, the webpage moves up and so on with the DOWN key. FIX THIS!
- [OPINIONATED] Music doesn't fit with the game at all, maybe add a mute button?
- Although I do like the pixel graphic perhaps improve on the sprites and make them a BIT better?
- WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN THE GAME? From what I could piece together, you're a hungry yeti and you eat humans to keep your hunger bar up. I don't quite get it, maybe add a tutorial?
- At least add a semi-mediocre story. It doesn't even have to be animated or nothing just a text box that explains what's going on.
- Humans can escape to easily off screen, at least make the first chapter easier.
Overall, the game is below meh, but with proper improvements I don't see why it shouldn't be in the Games Portal. Keep improving this video game :)
Thanks for the detailed feedback!
As for arrow keys, try to click on a game with mouse when you encounter problem with keyboard, it's a common web game issue. For me it fixes this case.
And yes it's not finished, and graphics is the next main thing I plan to improve!
Legau liked , of a note in my also
It's a very basic game, commands do not respond well. Graphics are not appealing either. Sorry mate, but try harder.
Thanks for feedback, could you elaborate on "commands do not respond well"? Is controls the thing that confuses you?
I think pretty much every aspect of this needs more work. The first problem I encountered was an almost complete lack of instructions; it took a minute or so of poking at the keyboard to figure out how to move the yeti, and episode 2 before I knew what the hunger meter was.
The graphics don't really communicate depth effectively; it's hard to know what you can squeeze past and what will stop your movement.
Lastly, the episodes are all extremely similar, so I think this game would benefit from some extra mechanics or tasks to distinguish or flesh out out the individual chapters.
Keep making things :)
Thanks. I uploaded it exactly to get feedback apart form friends' "Oh, cool!"
Will work on the points.
Good news for you that there are extra mechanics in episodes 3 and 4 :-)
Watch the transformative power of Art and how Communities change
The Impossible Quiz returns for a Christmas Special
Manage Babylon and its ambitious ministers
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.