Decent game. Solid controls. Fall damage was a bit silly imo but its w/e. Doesn't make me hurt to play so thats a good sign.
Thanks for the review!
I enjoyed playing this game. I felt the premise was good and I liked wandering through the woods. In reading your comments it said you were a student and this was your first game, good work for a first game!
Thanks so much!
Great game! The atmosphere of the game was excellent and the controls were fantastic.
Love the notes! I'm a pretty poor player, so they really helped me know what to do!
Pretty nice work! o:
I'm really impressed that you've gotten to make such a variety of games in such a short amount of time! The sprites look nice as well as the cover art! o: Pretty sweet premise as well.
- add a variety of jump noises for the character, or take it away entirely, only to leave impact sounds for the jumps (seems really repetitive when the game revolves around platforming)
- Adjust the background stumps so that they're more obviously the background. I think I saw a few objects in the foreground that looked like surfaces I could stand on when they were supposed to be background sprites. (for example the stumps that you stand on when you first encounter a spider) At times I run into really tall trees that I assumed I could jump or walk past, so a simple fix would be to desaturate and darken the things that are meant
- WILHELM SCREAM HAS TO GO. lol I audibly groan every time I hear it PLEASE :V
- Rewards for the player could benefit your project and add replay value. Achievements of some kind or collectibles would work here on newgrounds, too!
Some bugs I've come across:
- multiple death screams play if the player is run over by a spider, sounds really freaky but one would do.
Looking forward to seeing the other projects you cook up for these courses!
Keep it up! c:
Sab, it's updated! Try it out again pls!