Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
Ego is a game designer struggling with evil trolls. Defeat them all! (Spoilers: It´s impossible)
This was made with love, don´t spread hate, capital sins are a very serious thing. Specially in game design forums.
Sorry if you find bugs or its crappy! It was made in 3 hours.
Talent is something you may discover by reflecting with others, sooner or later you´ll find out. Send some words, help me!
08/06/14 ***Several fixes done***
- I liked the style, good job
- You could consider some background scrolling, though, especially if you plan to add horizontal player movement
- Music is great and the sound effects are good, except for the 'enemy spawn' effect which is not particularly nice on the ears
- Having to press 'r' to restart does not feel very user-friendly to me: why forcing me to reach another key when I could just press 'z' or the spacebar ?
- When points are over 99, they get too close to the medal sprite
- If I choose not to use the online hi-score service, why does a window say 'your score was added' at the end of every game ? (this does not really happen, though, as my score is not saved on the leaderboard)
- The game idea is interesting, I liked the opportunity to choose between fire and stomp
- Why not allowing horizontal movement ? It would feel more natural and be very useful, especially when the game starts to speed up
- You can hit (and score on) the same enemy more than once with consecutive bullets: is this by design ?
- Difficulty ramps up too abruptly
- When the game is over, the 'enemy spawn' sound effect should not be played
- When the game is over, if I press 'z' the corresponding sound effect is played
- Stomping enemies does not award any coins (a coin is shown but the score is not increased)
- At the beginning of the game (i.e. before they start moving vertically) some enemies are too high to be hit
- A nice game with great potential, I found it an impressive achievement for just three hours work.
My high score is 111, did anybody really score 1594 points ?
I´ve though about bg scrolling but to get it properly done would have taken me a lot of time, just wanted to "close it" as fast as possible with a "decent" quality, I mean not feeling like a prototype besides the game is pretty basic and has a lot of flaws.
About spawn sound fx, its cool you notice it, I found it annoying too but as before just wanted to finish it. I´ll soon change most of the things you notice.
About R key to restart, in first instance I´ve made a "press any key to restart" which is almost the same but if you are playing and lose and keep pressing keys in the very exact moment game over screen appears the restart happens too fast, i didnt want that, I´ll work around it, with some delay maybe.
Taking note about numbers too close to coin sprite.
When you lose your score is automatically uploaded as "Anonymus" if you didnt log in.
Haven´t really thought about moving freely, it´ll really change the entire game as skulls only spawn from the right side. I´ll need to change several things to feel correct with that kind of movement I think.
You can hit several times after hitting an enemy, is a combo but didnt have time to put a feedback number to get clearly. Did this felt ok or needs a change?
Difficulty curve needs a lot of playtesting, didn´t wanna to spend too much time so it was important to me that a player that enjoys this kind of game learns how to control and then go straight to the core that is to survive. With more time maybe I´ll make it more appealing but also think that the easy part gets kinda boring after losing on the hard part and knowing the real challenge if I can name it so.
Taking note of Crashes/Mishaps.
To end, let me thank you for your words, things like this just force to keep doing games besides some are good or bad, believe me that you are a valuable player that deserves to be listened and impulse me to make things better to give a better overall experience.
For a game thats made in 3 hours i love it
I'll bake you a cupcake so sweet...
Aliens, evil wizards, space vampires, & Shyfters! Just another day in the life of a badass
Stop the killer bees
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.