Solid game play, funny dialogue, nice graphics, and non-grindy, significant progression makes this a winner in my book! Some suggestions should you make a sequel:
1) The plasma sphere should prevent enemies from damaging our hero completely I feel.
2) Close weapons can be toned down some*, but make them replace your default weapon. I'm in panic mode at the beginning of each level in the later levels.
3) Auto pickup health when you're not at full health and I'd say make armor permaneant, but slowly recharges (you could add drops that instantly recharge it).
4) Loads more upgrades! I ended up with an absurd amount of research points left over. Also, it's frustrating to see lower level guns drops when I have trees maxed out. I'd remove them once you get the next level gun.
5) In general, balance the game on two fronts: First, the difficulty can be smoothed out some. Levels 1 - 14 are a breeze, and then 15 gets hard/challenging. However, don't nerf level 15 - it was perfect. I just wish the difficulty picked up before then. Second, move away from RNG for your weapon upgrades and armor. I mentioned this earlier. You can have your armor and guns maxed out but it doesn't mean anything if you don't have those active. Essentially, there needs to be less of a difference when your have a gun or shield active and when you don't. Some simple things can fix this, like adding direct health upgrades and making shields permanent and close-range weapons could replace your default weapon.
That's a lot of stuff, but I do want to emphasize I enjoyed this a lot! I just see so much potential for you to take it even further!
Well now this looks like a promising play.
I'm only 2 levels in so far but I can safely say I like the concept of this game. The cutscenes are entertaining the difficulty is hard but fair. And theres powerups galore and the works. Can't wait to see how this game turns out in the end
I haven't fully finished the game as I only started it an hour ago, but so far I like it. All the guns feel powerful, given of course there are more powerful ones. However they all feel nice and the controls work well. The difficulty is medium and it's over all fun. I really enjoy it.
very fun game, nice graphics and cool story. maybe try to add a difficulty choser because I died only once and i'm a casual player (so perfect for me but hardcore player would find it too easy).
weapons are pretty cool but short range ones need a little more range, they're pretty unusable.
anyway i enjoyed playing this game, keep ong!
funny game with nice graphs and good controls. enemies enough and a funny story line.
I never died, weapons were very powerfull after a short time of playing. I never had to grind. Had a lot of crystals left and no boss ever got close to me.
So to easy imo