The graphics for this game were pretty good. Nothing spectacular but makes me think of a few people who draw their games like this. Nothing wrong with that but I find this style to be fun to look at when I play games like this.
The game play I think could have been a bit different. Moving using WASD is fair enough. However, in my opinion it feels a bit annoying to have to use a mouse (and playing this on a laptop is a bit worse without a wireless mouse) seems to make this a bit less fun sadly. I'm not sure how to improve there, might just be I am bit biased with games that feature the player staring in whatever direction the mouse is pointing (just me).
The music was nice and relaxing. Would be nice to have a little variety and choice in music but for this game, it fits and helps the player to relax with a song like this even when a level might get hard at times. The sound effects for passing or failing a level are also nice.
Overall, short and interesting game. Not bad at all.
Review Request Club
Not a bad game, a good concept and that was enough to keep me playing for a while. The graphics used are all rather charming in their simple, cartoon-like style and in my opinion the audio wasn't terrible thought I was reaching for a mute button after a few minutes, maybe tone down the default volume.
The controls seemed a little too sensitive and there were a few things that have been overlooked in the programing of this game, a menu button going from in game for example. Maybe playing the game or getting it beta tested and then going back and sorting some of these little things out pre release would have been a good idea.
Learn from the little mistakes of this game and I'm sure your next will be much better.
This game is good. A bit difficult to use both WASD/Arrows and the mouse, but still ok.
Good job coming up with an original idea and gameplay.
- The graphics were great but I don't think the water fits in with the rest. Also, I think there's too many blur/glow filters used.
- You should be able to get to the main menu without having to die
- The timer should have always have 2 decimal places, but sometimes it shows .0 instead of .00. Also, when you get into 100+ seconds the number doesn't fit in the box which looks bad.
- Some of the level design is weak, like the first level with the snakes, which was too easy and didn't utilize the snakes well.
- The gameplay feels is kind of stale. I found myself holding the spacebar and inching forward a leave a little blow at a time. I think maybe a limit to how long you can hold the spacebar or something might help.
Nicely put together, but it feels a bit too much like work.