This is not a run 'n gun. This is either a horizontal flight shooter or a skill collector game.
Honestly, I think the reviews of this game are being too harsh, especially the one below me. Avoiding IS gameplay and if you look around, other popular games will have this as part of gameplay as well. Also, it says right at the bottom of the screen before you press play "collect animals and avoid enemies" so those who say they didn't know what they were doing did not look hard for instructions. And with the firing rate, if level one isn't good enough for you, get a better ship and it will shoot faster. The firing power helped me out more than a few times in the game. Besides, you don't absolutely need firepower anyway. And the prices are fair if you are good at staying alive in the game, thereby earning more money.
However, the other reviewers have brought up good points that need to be addressed and I would also like to commend you and suggest on a few things of my own.
- PLACE A WARNING IN THE GAME! Out of all the games I have ever played, this game has to be the most likely to cause a person to have seizure. I'd suggest placing a warning the description and an in-game box where the person has to acknowledge that you warned them about the lights (to avoid lawsuits if any could occur. Even if you are not prone to getting seizures, the lights will probably hurt your eyes.
- The box in the lower right corner that would stop the flashing in the game was not working for me or at least not stopping the rainbow flashes from the alligator and flower items. Perhaps it was working for the not as noticeable flashes.
- I was also upset, like many others when I realized I had to buy the new ships in order. If I knew that was the case, I would have bought the next upgrade instead of saving up. Had I bought them sooner, I would have gained more money sooner. Like other have said, you should probably just make ships available automatically if the player has no choice, but to buy the stuff in order or you should alert the player to this.
- There is no indication other than your ship blinking for a moment to tell you that you lost a life. When you're actively trying to avoid stuff, you don't really have time to notice a small blink. (then again, I suppose you don't need to know that you lost a life except to figure out how close you can get to an enemy without taking damage).
- As Lanner said, "aside from crediting ocularnebula as the composer, I think the track title should either be in the game or game description."
- I liked the uniqueness of this avoid game. As horribly annoying as the flashing is, it was a unique touch.
- I liked the funny different ships, including the Harry Potter one.
- The music was cool! Very free, adventurous, and fun at the same time.
- The LSD and UFO combination was an interesting mix (though I probably wouldn't have connected the dots on that one had I not read the comments).
- The gameplay was solid so I have no complaints about it.
I wish you luck in your future games and please (I make this capital so you won't miss it), TONE DOWN THE RAINBOW LIGHTS OR ADD A WARNING!
I don't like doing bad reviews but I cannot begin to complain about the amount of stuff I hate.
First of all, there's the flashing.
Regular flashing is irritating as shit, but is able to turn off. Good.
There's three kinds of enemies. All purple. One of them is on the ground. I mean what.
Fire rate is useless. You can't skip ships, either. Yay...
Shots pierces enemies - awesome! THEN you realize that with the lv. 1 fire rate, it takes like 7 seconds or something to fire. That's not okay. Whatsoever.
The other flashing (from flower upgrades)? Good God!
You SERIOUSLY need a "WARNING: DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME IF YOU ARE PRONE TO SEIZURES," warning because I honestly felt like I was going to get one. That's not okay.
Graphics: I don't care much.
Gameplay: There's literally NOTHING TO IT. You literally avoid enemies.
Ship with Fire 1 got 2 HP. "Yay, I survive another hit?" you might ask and yes you do!
...Until you realize THERE IS NO FRIGGING RECOVERY TIME.
You get hit ONCE and if you don't move AT ONCE, you're dead. There's no coming around that.
Game is frankly just horribly bad.
Fix the flashing (read: REMOVE THAT SHIT.)
Make fire better (seriously, no fire power until ship 4? I call BULLSHIT).
EITHER add the 'Prone to Seizures' warning OR just change the frigging aura/forcefield whatever the hell it is that you get. Same with the flowers.
Also, prices? WAY too high.
You need like 8500 to buy the fourth ship (total) in order to be able to fire ONLY TO REALIZE IT'S USELESS.
i do understand. But 0.5 star, why you so cruel ?!
not bad bro
The game would be just fine if you are more thoughtful on players' health. That flower bang things was funny for few secs, then annoying for the rest of time.