It's alright I guess. I got bored really fast due to the fact that you always have to do the same. It's smooth, the animation is nice and I like the idea but there could have been power-ups or differend kind of mission added so the game would have more variety of possibilities for playing.
Don't take it personally, it's just my opinion.
Thank you for the feedback!
That's a nice game based on a classic.
The only thing I don't like about this game, is how the red Tralfoids are spawned.
Sometimes it seems it's just a matter of luck, when they pop up.
Sometimes two of them show up. Sometimes another one, shortly after the last one showed up. And sometimes it takes so long, that you ran out of fuel in the meantime.
But beside that, I really like this game.
Thanks for the feedback!
A fun addictive game.
I think my biggest problem with the game wasn't the game itself but the instructions (well, the lack thereof). Whenever I see a fuel meter, I assume fuel consumption will play into the mechanics; I suppose you could say there's a fuel meter that ticks down so it does but it works more like a time countdown (with the tralfoids replenishing time) more than a fuel consumption (i.e. You don't lose fuel in this game by your thrusters - you automatically lose fuel irregardless of using your thrust). Generally, it might not be a problem just from playing, but the amount you lose is dependent on the level (which makes it more difficult to notice - you can play 'thrust'-conservatively for the first 3-4 levels without really noticing it's a time thing and by that time you're confused as to why your fuel is dropping rapidly and you can't get a red tralfoid unless it spawns on you).
Then you realize you've been playing it incorrectly, feel stupid, but then have fun with it the rest of the time. To sum up my feelings on this: "At first I aways ran out of fuel, now I never run out of fuel."
I think explaining that at the beginning would go a long way for players as learning it is less challenging than it is frustrating (also to note would be that in addition to increasing in base value per level you get bonus points for collecting them faster).
1. The red tralfoids: it seems that they lose some of their uber-repulsiveness right after they glow - True or just my imagination?
2. What is the basis for changing level - number of tralfoids obtained or points? I ask because it seems I'm stuck on level 5 and want to know if there even is a level 6 to be shooting for (and, if so, what do I need to get to it)?
I've also run into the glitch on the trophies screen (looks like it is flickering quickly, it didn't happen the first time I visited the page, only after revisiting).
Thank you very much for the feedback, I greatly appreciate it!
I thought it was interesting for people that are playing it "wrong" to see how people can get such massive scores like >100,000 when they check the leaderboards. But I agree that you have a point.
You actually do get more points if you collect them faster.
As for your questions:
1) I'm not really a pro at AS3 programming so I had a hard time figuring out how to create the red Tralfoid's behavior. It has nothing to do with the glows, it's just a weird code that is checking the distance between the objects and then does something... else. It's not really good, so that's why its behavior may seem strange at some points.
2) When I debugged the game I only got to around 30,000(I suck in my own games, lol) So I only implemented 5 levels. I thought that I shouldn't make it any harder. But I agree that it's kinda strange that it stops at 5 while most people can still play a long time. And yes, it's based on the amount of scores.
I'm aware of the glitch(and another one) but I can't fix any of these until July because I'm busy with school atm.
Again, thanks for the feedback !!
Simple yet addictive!
Only a problem, sometimes the score/trophes screens glitch up.
Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it!
Sorry to hear about the bugs but I don't have time to fix these for at least 2-3 weeks. :/
3 stars not a bad game but I think it needs improving. first I keep running out of fuel, you need to add fuel drops ;the not going out of bounds is easy. second the red orbs are repulsed by your ship[ I only have first two]. third you have to increase the point as lvls increase and lastly the medals did not work for me. I will replay after this passes [ it will pass] games with medals always do. oh I almost forgot, sometimes the ship just keep going left to right all by itself after I run out of fuel and has to respawn and to loops like that till I am out of lives
- The red orbs are kind of a fuel item, they are just hard to pick up. If you look at the highscores you can see that people can last pretty long.
- The amount of points is actually increased depending on the lvl.
- Strange that the medals didn't work, idk if you can reply back but what exactly didn't work?
(EDIT: I think I fixed the medals)
- I never had the ship acting wrong before, neither did my playtesters. Strange..
Really appreciate the feedback! Thanks!