This game was a pretty good time killer. I enjoyed the play through but there were a few things that i noticed that detracted from the overall experience of this game.
1. The overall amount of grinding it took to acquire max upgrades was too high. Honestly it was the time spent collecting coins. I got so fed up with running around after pulling groups in with my special and quickly killing them all with my normal attack that i stopped trying to collect coins. I only killed slimes at the end to get more food to try and kill the giant with. PLEASE add some kind of collection mechanic to the levels of increased gold drop to pull surrounding coins to your character.
2. The delay in movement after using your special. If you hold one of the movement keys while using your special you will not move after its done. Even after your special damage is applied there is a significant delay before your movement keystrokes will be registered and you can move around again. This led to a few deaths and lots of spamming right and left arrows.
3. If you spam your special attack with higher levels of endurance it bugs out a little. while channeling the first cast you regen enough stamina to use a second special. when i spammed the key the stamina was used before the first cast went off and double damage was applied to the enemies around me and then the second animation would go off with a third application of damage. essentially 3 casts for the price of 2 =)
4. The large red slimes that spawn south of the giant are extremely powerful. Now i understand you probably needed something that powerful to allow players with max upgrades to still have a chance at the 500+ combo and my arguement may be moot, but their strength is not proportional to the amount of gold/items they drop. A maxed player might not need anymore gold but while i was trying to max my skills i wanted something to give more gold faster and figured the larger the slime the more gold it would drop. This did not seem to be the case or i just didnt notice the difference. And 5 of my 6 deaths were to them Q_Q
5. Why is there not a teleport to blacksmith button...or did i just miss it? i think i spent most of my time simply running back and forth. So add a teleport mechanic or increase the dash speed as that was also not very impressive.
There are a few other things that could be done to improve the experience such as a higher variation in the enemies you fight to lessen the feeling of grinding and smoothing out the animation transitions but overall it was a good game and worth a play through.
Absolutely amazing game! I will say when I first started playing the game I was tempted to just do a rage quit and forget I even heard of this game because I was getting my armored ass handed to me by little blue monsters, every time I swung my sword I missed and they hit me every single time, and before I could even do anything I was dead.
But, I stuck with it, I did the grinding to collect the gold, meat, and green potions, and after a little I started upgrading my began to realize that I could do some serious damage. It took me quite a while and quite a few upgrades before I was able to cross the bridge into "Red Monster Territory" and it took me even more take on the bigger red monsters that were in the area.
I finally took on the giant himself when I was almost fully upgraded and although the majority of my eight deaths were at the hands of the giant, after I got the last two upgrade points in my special attack, I finally took the big man down and shouted an exuberant "YES!!!" When he finally fell.
Just as a side note: I did not encounter ANY bugs when playing this; I will say that the game slowed down somewhat whenever I was taking on a large group of monsters, but other than that the game played absolutely fine for me.
set game on pauze,and wait=you regain stamina and health while it's pauzed,lol!
ultimate game,too bad you can't listen to the giant battle music......
never experienced the bugs so many people are talking about....gamewise its just a long grind.....s I've been doing it a fewupgrades a day...othrwiset would gets borng I'd die.....my problem is that the saved game is linked to the computer and not to my newgronds account...I understand this and don't hold it against the game...i'm just sad that I don't get to play it tonight....I wasfinaly able to fight the reds.....oh well...back to the grind tomorrow.......A little tedious...but fun enough to comeback nigh after night
Ok... So here's my experience with this game. Play tutorial, take 4 minutes to kill enemy because all my attacks miss and drain my stamina endlessly. Get into actual game, attempt to fight real enemies. Get mobbed and unable to kill them as I keep missing but they still hit me. Manage to kill 1-2 enemies and get a paltry sum of gold that I can not use to upgrade anything. Manage to get myself killed, watch as my character has a seizure in front of the barn while gold coins fly around everywhere and my gold counter fluctuates between 5 and 500. Rage Quit.
Wooow sorry for so many bugs, we see this is the wrong updated version. We check on another website there's no somethings wrong. :( Soon we will upload the new version. Thanks for your comment. ;)