Overall Review: This was a really fun game overall. It had its up and downs, stated below, but overall this game was fair enough to deserve a rating.
Graphics seemed rushed, wasn't sure if they were intended to be poor to bring a retro role play effect. Kind of looked like one of those cheap online chess games.
This game had very fun gameplay. The problem was it was one of those games that that made you feel like you were doing something and all you were doing was clicking a few buttons over and over again. I enjoyed the gameplay, but try to make it less like you're just clicking and all that matters is what you do before the combat, not during it.
It kept me entertained for 35 minutes before I was finished, because honestly who wants to keep running a few dungeons over and over again? No one. I really wish there was a boss of all 4 elements at the end to provide a final challenge just to wrap the game up instead of a game re-exploration to conclude the game.
Overall Review: 6.8
This game gets a 6.8 overall. It was like "My mind is just blown, make a part 2" good, however I would certainly play the second part if I saw it on the cover of newgrounds like I did with this one. However, I would not frequently check every time i visited Newgrounds for a part 2 like I did with games such as Epic Battle Fantasy. The game was reasonable and presentable, certainly deserving of being on the Newgrounds cover page, but assuming 5 is the average uploaded game, 6.8 seems a fair grade. Add in some graphics, less "click click click win" gameplay, and more real time action and you can easily turn this from a 6.8 to a 9-10.
Fist I feel like I can't write a total review because my speakers aren't working... but here we go.
I enjoyed playing it, but had some problems along the way.
1. when the monster drop loot and I was standing on it I couldn't pick it up.
2. I was standing around looking at my inventory when my person would start to run around for no reason. I let go of my mouse and just watched him run around in circles for awhile thinking it was funny then. then it happened when I was fighting monsters.
3. Fire bolt. I could run through the game without swing my weapon because I just used fire bolt half the time. but when saw fire trolls thingies I thought @$&^ Fire bolt isn't going to work on them... but still it killed them....... How? I ask can I kill something with fire it is made of fire.
4. besides that fun time to kill time and thought you did a good job on the game still. I give it a 3.5 because my speakers aren't working. which isn't your fault just that I don't won't to give high because of a half review.
I really enjoyed running through dungeons non stop spamming lightning bolts. Great game come out with another
- Challenging (at first) yet not impossible
- Blowing things up is fun!
- When the game crashes, reloading the page continues at the last level rather than wipe the whole game to the beginning
- Game crashes on me frequently, all Flash files up to date, running Windows 7 64 bit on modern hardware and plenty of ram.
- Gets boring past the first part, because it is impossible to die or lose health. Typical level: Dump 90% of points into lightning, just run past everything spamming the lightning button, kill everything on screen in one shot, win! Rinse, repeat. When I quit, I took all my armor off and noticed that my dodge was at about 1200 percent. Also at this point, my mana never decreases.
- At later levels, most armor items aren't worth picking up. Past about level 25, I couldn't be bothered to pick up armor to look at it for at least the next 50 levels. The defensive stats on the armor don't matter when I'm not getting hit anyway. I was playing with no equipment at all with the same results. For starters, I would greatly reduce the number of armor drops so that the player doesn't have to sort through 50 rusty shortswords to find the one that is worth keeping.
Simply awesome game man!
Definitely Diablo like, and a lot of fun.
The music is also very fitting and intriguing.
I'm surprised there's not more games like this here on NG's.
I hope you continue to make these gems in the near future, because I will definitely be playing them.
Keep up the great work!