Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
Nikola Tesla has harnessed the power of his death ray into an arm-mounted cannon to win World War 2, just like in real life! Long live the Lightning King!
Zap enemies by clicking on them.
Deploy towers, mines, and use your orbital strike with keys 1-4.
Upgrade your stuff, and don't die!
fun, Challenging, entertaining. I liked the look of it, too. Graphics were decent, too.
An outstanding and challenging, yet, simple and non-frustrating game, with several profound improvements of the original "Tesla Death Ray"...
The graphics are much more vivid and varying, the gameplay is much more dynamic and enjoyable - great work, overall!
There are, however, a couple of suggestions that I'd like to make, especially if you're interested in making a sequel:
- Bosses: as another player, TheSilverSerpent had suggested, a final fight against Edison and his Direct Current weaponry would be great. Since the game still has the 20-wave level sequence, I'd also suggest increasingly difficult bosses every five level - other DC electricians, perhaps otherworldly electric manifestations (such as 'Killerwatt' from The Real GhostBusters).
- Allies: there were several other scientists working on AC - Kalman KandÃ³, the first one to introduce AC to the railway industry, the Hungarian "Z.B.D. team", and Ganz Works, and not to mention entrepreneur George Westinghouse, the mains supporter of Tesla. They could provide extra (if incredibly vulnerable) gadgets to help with the gameplay (quick recharging generators, secondary weapons, secret upgrades that become available with achievements, ect...).
- Weapons: while the ground-based and aerial Tesla coils, and the mines are good on their own, a slightly wider range of weaponry wouldn't hurt. For example, Tesla himself is standing on a tower - the Tesla Tower - which was, in real life, (half-)built to transmit wireless electric power to all. One upgrade could be that the tower periodically (or on command) emits a wave of electricity that grows weaker with distance, but can still damage the enemies. The tower can have smaller, weaker coils extending from it to halt enemies that come to close. With each upgrade, the appearance of both the tower, and the coils should change a bit...
- Powerups: the occasional health pack is adequate (albeit it's timing is a bit off), but there could be more powerups in the duration of the waves, especially the latter ones. There could be Maintenance powerups that fix the land coils and auto-plant a few mines, and Charging poweups that temporarily overcharge either Tesla, or the coils, making them glow brighter and fizz. Like any other item, this would be provided by the allies, and thus, would be upgradeable - if Tesla catches the powerup, he temporarily becomes supercharged (which can be upgraded to Megacharge, Ultracharge, and finally, which makes him stronger, his power supply unlimited for a few moments, but leaves him more vulnerable. If Tesla hits the package but fails to blow it up, the package will blow up once hitting with the ground, charging up the coils near by, making the stronger, but also, more fragile. If an enemy blows them up while in this state, they should create an EMP upon explosion, evaporating enemies and temporarily stopping machines (either ground-based or aircrafts, depending on the type of the coil). If the package lands unharmed, the first enemy to pick it up will become charged, but this only means that it becomes a kamikaze-troop: the first hit blows it up, and it damages the nearby coils - the bigger it is, the more, and wider range of damage it does...
- Loot: After defeating certain enemies (such as larger tanks, aircrafts, U.F.O.s, or bosses), pieces of weaponry could be gathered from the battlefield, and added to the tower - for the duration of the next wave, at least.
- Shop: Aside from upgrades, new equipment (new coils, aerial strikes, explosives, secondary and defense weaponry) should be available from Westinghouse, and rare, achievement-based, or wave-based powerups and additions from KandÃ³ and the others.
- Unlockables: Brought along with achievements and the beating of the game - other AC pioneers, special weapons, cheats, and other goodies...
That's a LOT of suggestions, I know... But after all, they are, but suggestions, so where's the harm? This game needs little improvement to be TOTALLY AWESOME - what else MAY be needed is listed here!
Thanks for another awesome game! :)
Thank you for the thoughtful review! There are a lot of suggestions here, so I'll only be able to reply to a few of them. I really like the idea of salvaging weapons/loot from the battlefield to make killing larger targets feel more rewarding. If we make a sequel, based on the huge response from this game, I think the enemy would definitely have to be Thomas Edison! I agree that the health boxes are a little off, but your suggestion of other powerups is really good. I can imagine a critical damage powerup that changes the color of the lightning temporarily and deals out more damage for a few seconds, or one that heals your hurt towers to full.
Thanks so much for writing this all out, it helps us a ton :)
kid you got game call 5898974 you'll be a star
Was a fairly entertaining game. I kept finding myself thinking about what Tesla would think if he could see this game. Would he be amused, proud, or ashamed? I'd be a little of the first two.
Really the only things I would've liked to have seen more of would be bosses and perhaps music. There was only one boss and the only tricks to beating him were knowing when and where to fire.
Thanks for making his!
It reminds me "tesla death ray" flash game.
We are developers of that game also :)
Watch the transformative power of Art and how Communities change
The Impossible Quiz returns for a Christmas Special
Manage Babylon and its ambitious ministers
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.