The absolute WORST part of the game are the platforms, everything else is epic.
Thankyou, is there anything you can suggest that might improve it?
The game itself seems to be great.
The song that plays makes me think of Gameboy games where you explored long levels. Gives an old school gaming vibe to the game. The sound effects were enjoyable too.
The story of Mo being kicked down into a rabbit hole is kind of odd. However since it did say anywhere I take it he was sent into the rabbit's home or a giant cave given how the place looks.
The graphics were great and fun to look at.
The game play was good and I noticed right off the bat the real difference between difficulties seemed to be how often the spikes appeared making where you jump much trickier to do. As it never ends, practicing could make one go quite far.
Overall, fun game and I did not seem to encounter any kind of glitches which is fantastic.
Review Request Club
Cheers for the review! I was wondering if you thought there were any areas that could be improved so to warrant 5 stars. Keeping in mind that this is going to be released on the mobile with an adventure mode which will have unlockable pickups and an end game.
I reached gold on todays leaderboard! Something like 6900 points, however none of my medals have come through for 2000, 5000 points, 5 skeletons and such. The games pretty addictive, however it's really frustrating. I think I remember playing a demo of this a while back? This completed version is way better. Being able to collect hearts in the game is much better, and I like the inclusion of the mutation healing you. Originally the mutation only seemed to slow your damage uptake, but now it seems you can jump higher, the normal red orbs heal you and when you first mutate you get healed, so thats a nice addition!
Awesome mate! Were having a bit of trouble with the medals atm I'm afraid, they should be working again with the next few days though. I'm pleased to hear that you are liking it so much. Yeah, this is technically our 3rd version of Mo' Mentum, first it was the beta, then we released it on here. But that version essentially got broken so we've now released this version.
Glad to see your enjoying it, check out more about the game and what were doing with Mo' next http://www.mo-mentumgame.com/ you might be interested to find out that were going to be bringing it out for mobile!
Good game. I do enjoy it, it could use like a point where it saves here and there so its not so tedious to go back and restart all over. But all together, its a pretty nice story line and cool game. :D
Cheers! There isn't a save point as there isn't an ending. If your interested in how it ends then stay tuned for our mobile release!
I did think it was a interesting game. But I also felt it could really use some finessing. A few things that I thought would be nice:
1) Health pickups. Even if it is just the occasional single heart renewal. You are bound to get hit in this game, it would be nice to have some way of getting health back.
2) I didn't really find the mutation all that helpful except when climbing the vertical parts. And even then it wore off way too quickly to be of any great use. The fact that it cut your damage in half was completely negated by the fact that being larger and faster (with seemingly less control) made you more than twice as likely to hit spikes or be hit by rocks durring the horizontal section of the game. Consider one or more of the following:
- Make the mutations permanent reduce the overall number of orbs, but make the mutations permanent, give multiple types of mutations (maybe an upgrade system or randomized).
- Simply make the mutations last longer and keep the overall orb frequency the same.
- Add health when adding mutations.
- Reduce the damage taken further while mutated (this would work particularly well in a multiple mutations system).
- Add health regeneration as a mutation.
3. The randomized maps. Any type of game where you have to be thinking about what you will do ahead of time a randomized map system can become frustrating more than anything. There were several instances where simply the random events on the map made it very difficult if not impossible to avoid damage.
4. The kill 5 skeletons in one run (broken bones) medal did not work in game or out of game. I killed 7 in one run and nothing.
Again I think the game itself is interesting. It is a fun concept and for the greater part the game seems to work and feel pretty good. It could just use some finessing/tweaking to make it really good. Best of luck keep up the good work.
Thank you for spending time to make this review. Its been very helpful and although we have been planning on adding some of these features such as health pickups you have brought up allot of very interesting concepts that I'm sure we will be taking inspiration from.