I love the concept and the simple controls but with the way things are set-up I wish there were ways to improve abilities; jumping higher, collecting more items, etc. since later in the game it becomes a little crazy and the double jump I find to be a little iffy at best for controls
The game was good but I would suggest tweaking it. For instance 2 lives seem a bit slim. Perhaps an easy mode with anywhere form 10 to unlimited lives.
Otherwise a great game but to me the double jump activation was too sensitive. I'm used to holding down the jump button for a long time. Here it just used up a double jump pretty much every time.
4.5 fucking stars im so addicted to this game i would have given it a 5 but its to short.. and it doesnt save.
- Perfect difficulty scaling, all the way up to challenge mode. That last challenge was insane.
- Nice take on the runner genre. Usually these kinds of games go simple (one-button and/or button-masher), but it seems like you actually took the time to make it into a real game, and not just a play-for-5-minutes type of thing that relies on addiction for people to bother with it.
- It didn't baby me, and I appreciate that. On the first run, I was thinking this was going to be another one of those upgrade-type games, where it would get easier as I go on. NOPE. This is a skill game, and you need skills to complete it.
- The addition of collectables added some nice replayability to the game.
- My Loot didn't save after leaving and coming back. It saved everything else, including my challenge medals and weapons, but not my Loot. That's not supposed to happen is it?
- Can get kind of repetitive if you aren't good at it, since you have to start from stage 1, which is pretty slow. This isn't a big deal, though, since you give us 3 tries which also give no penalties.
This game actually vastly exceeded my expectations. It deserves more recognition, in my honest opinion. If you flesh it out more, make it longer, maybe add more thieves to overcome, I think this could grow to be something really great.
4.5 OUT OF 5 (voting 5)
*applause and check for wallet*