I really love it that my mind told me the whole story, not my ears. :)
Keep up the incredible work!!!!!!!!!!!!
ya true love
I rather liked this animation :)
It had a beautiful story that was executed well, despite it being short.
Anyways, here's the aesthetics:
Sound & Music
- The music fitted very well with the short. I have no idea what the lyrics were, but I don't think it matters in this case, as it works, as it's the sort of song that gives the listener a sense of longing and as the story seems to revolve around a flashback, I think it works :\
- Dialogue wasn't required, and in fact it added further to the story, rather then reducing the value of the story, as most people can't recall precisely what occurred say 5 years ago or so (back to the flashback thingy :\ ). Good call in my opinion; or good use of circumstance if you couldn't find anyone to voice act :3
Graphics & Images
- The characters were drawn very well. It almost felt like an actual professionally drawn anime character
- Animations requires a tiny bit more polishing at some scenes. However, most of the actions look natural, so this is a small issue really.
- Backgrounds (and anything that wasn't a close-up) were not drawn, but that doesn't matter. You've selectively used real images and changed them up to fit what you wanted (or that's what I think anyways, for all I know you might have drawn them to look like that :3) and honestly, that just makes it unique in my opinion.
- Objects that were close-up were drawn accurately and defined quite well, including reflective objects and objects that absorbed/reflected light. They all looked natural.
Overall, I gave it a 4.5/5 for review and 4/5 in vote.
Again, a beautiful short.
Well done :D
P.S: ARG! This was supposed to be a short review, and instead I go all ballistic D:< . Darn me and my brain :"( *cries*