The UI, unit controls, and unit AI are excruciatingly clunky.
1. Autoattack forces your units to go in a piecemeal fashion. This is a waste of points and is annoying.
2. amassing an army is a chore because of the horrible UI
3. You /DO NOT/ need a open up window for movement. That literally doubles the time it takes to make a move. Yes, forcemove is nice, but use a hotkey for that instead. Movement should be effortless, not something I have to wrestle every time I misclick a target
4. splitting your forces requires an octopus to assist you. it's not even worth it most of the time. Both will get slaughtered by the enemy's flanking elements, and you're left with nothing.
5. The waypoint system is helpful but worthless with autoattack on, and a chore when it's off. No hotkey means I have to press space twice in a pitched battle and move it around. Waypoints also suck because they are forcemove commands. If I forget and the enemy passes it, my army simply ignore a threat and get sliced passing enemies. It's a chore to stop them as well since I have to make a move action to get them to quit it, assuming I catch them in time. Telling them to attack doesn't fix the problem. Just make them attack when provoked.
6. Units left alone without autoattack simply sit there, locked into place. This is worthless even on the defense, since they only engage when the enemy is in THEIR shooting range. This is worthless when a sniper starts picking them off while I'm off somewhere else trying to wrangle movement.
7. Units don't take really good care of their workspace. Most units don't do a decent job at defense. They never have initiative, they wait for the enemy to get into range, and pretty much lose the fight unless they're in overwhelming numbers (because they almost always get shot first). Defense is a meatgrind that I can't afford when I'm elsewhere, marshaling support, purchases, AND the stragglers at the waypoint
8. Allied Wolves suck. The idea's cool, but I've never found a use for them except for killing lone snipers, and even then the UI gets in the way, and snipers pop half health. A simple flanking maneuver should not require 4 mouse gestures and absolute micromanagement while my main forces sit around with their thumb up their butt requiring an attack order on defense. 80 speed isn't nearly enough with that kind of health, attack range, and ration requirements. Either make them worth 1 ration, or beef their health.
Streamline your mess of a UI and AI. Hell, just fixing the UI would probably be enough if you're that lazy. The game otherwise is interesting to play, if linear for an RTS.
Didn't really mind that there was premium stuff, or ads popping up every now and then. Not that much, anyway, although we really shouldn't need to put up with that.
I do, however, give you quite a low ranking due to the portrayal of the women. Seen to the industry in the bigger picture, I guess you just keep with the norm, but still. There is no need for the assistant to wear some kind of bedroom role playing half-uniform, when she just as well could have worn a normal, practical uniform, that she would actually have been able to do fieldwork in. And that mechanic? That was not the kind of clothes you wear when fixing heavy, greasy machines.
Then there's the question of dialouge. I mean, if you are going to force in the "but she's to young"-argument between the characters, don't make them look the same age. The older one look maybe 2 or 3 years older than the younger, so it doesn't make sense. Make them more distinct as characters, in both age and seriousness, and then we might have something believeable.
(And having a main character refer to someone as "a package", the way it's done? That's crossing a line that should be left uncrossed)
The gameplay is ok, nothing that stands out as special. The backstory is kind of interesting, and makes you want to know more. Could have been a great game, but as it stands it's kind of "meh".
Sorry, I didn't get to the gameplay because I started a mission and then Lt. Abigail Steamfox distracted me
Indeed, way way too many ads.
The game wasnt a real attention grabber in my opinion, got 2.5 stars because it was put together well