love this :D
I have read a fair amount of criticism on here about this game. I just completed it and solved every quest, so I feel like I am qualified to judge. First, I am not a Christian (as most would define it), but I was not put off by the inclusion of Christian references. The game does not require you to believe nor does it require any bible knowledge to play. I was not made to recite John 3:16 or any hail Marys to complete any quests. Can we please put aside our bigotry for a moment and judge the game on its merits?
The gameplay was a tad "lunky", the battle controls (eg. assigning actions to the bar, and needing to re-assign them after a "restore") were unintelligent and the graphics are not top end. I would have liked to see all of the awesome gear I worked so hard to find reflected on my avatar. I did not like the fact that once I unlocked a door and made a wrong choice in the labyrinth I had to spend another couple of lock picks to open the infernal thing. There. Those are my complaints.
All of that aside, I grew up on "adventure games" written for Apple IIc, Atari 5200, TRS-80 and Commodore 64. I enjoyed them very much and spent many hours trying to unravel the clues and figure out what to do next. They were graphically inferior, lunky games. Amirand is a game of the same ilk as the aforementioned genre only much better quality. nPerhaps all of the butthurt being exhibited on this forum is coming from people who want their gameplay brainless and completely obvious? There are a shit-ton of titles on Armor, Kongregate and other pages that have premium content and items that make the game easier. Why is this title being picked on? I will leave that up to the reader.
I give Amirand 5 stars...give it a try, follow it through to the end and then judge.
Up, Down, Left, Right
Middle, Up, Middle
Tom T. - Green Bay, Wisconsin
what is the desset for
To start off, the game was fixed now and it is playable.
The game was nice and simple, and the difficulty was ok, the music was soothing, and the artwork was nice *though abit blurry for some reason*. But I guess one can say that the game is a bit slow in action and motion. It might b enjoyable for those who have quite a free time.
Would be nice to have a girl character.
Could use some editting and modifying, but overall a good flash game.
Thank you for your good rating and evaluation of the game. I sincerely appreciate it. This thing has been in the oven for over 2 years!!!
Haha, I love reading the past comment on this site, mostly about the gamersafe and about another site. Well, I'm on this site so I comment only afew which is within this site:
__NG people sure knows how to write a comment, and the authors answering the questions just keeps his cool, nice one coordinatez.
Haha, enough goofing off,
Okey, here's the real comment:
1) The game graphic seems to be too blurry
2) The difficulty is suitable for most players, but to those who seeks REAL adventure *not me*, they may prefer harder challenges, so a difficulty changeable buttons would alwys welcome in NG
3) Would like it more if the game is more exciting
4) The game have an old school feels to it, but I doubt it will get people excited for long
5) first time playing and I can't seem to get to know the game mechanics, like where to use the item, how to activate skills and such. Need a proper order of stuff or more like 'user-friendly' mechanics
6) no save game, no life!
7) the game could be a good flash game, but you throw your stones too far asking for an id and real money *but it doesn't affect my rating*
8) Can't expect much of the game besides better storyline since the gaming system aren't what people would prefer playing for long.
9) not like I wanna put my interest in this, but I like platformer game with hot and cute chicks, so games like this one doesn't really up to my taste.
10) I don't get much excitment out of this quite heavy flash game of 16.9mb
Anyway, for this genre of game, you make quite a decent flashgame. I rate this game out of its own genre, not out of my selfish interest.
A piece of advice: If you wanna make new game, try to know whom your target players are and what they like and do they take a liking of your work or they just oblivious to your existence... Make a good game for the appropriate players of appropriate site, and you get satisfactions out of the players satisfactions.