I have to agree with BribeGuntails that a map should definately be a feature. You just have to make it with "fog of war" - read: you only see the areas you've been to this far.
Another thing that annoyed the hell out of me was how close in the camera was - sure shows a lot of detail (on the quite good graphics (reminded me of Earth 2160) but it feels so weird to drive a spacebuggy with two fat L4z0rs on it, repper and shield and only being able to shoot 20 feet far because you don't see anything else.
Here's an exploit, er I mean "feature" to fix:
For all that want to beat Hard mode do this: Kill stuff, sell liquid, once you run out of ammo and/or HP go into menu and restart. You keep you money and get free ammo/HP. Do this till at least 4k (for the best laser) or 9k (best+second best laser, repping mod). Now you're set. At this point you don't have to waste money for ammo or repairs and thus can start buying whatever weaponsystem you like.
Overall the graphics are pretty awesome, controlls were pretty easy imo as you can clearly discern front from back of the vehicle and the sound - duh - I usually turn of the sound unless it's something like EBF with an own score. If you look for further inspiration to expand on this idea I'd recommend Earth 2160 if you haven't played that.
good game but i would it to have to if the same weapon and be able to see my self behind a wall
Thank you. But If I will add feature to see yourself behind walls game could run slow on old computers.
What you did wrong:
- annoying, repetitive and awfully looped sound in preloader
- the game is a little too linear, both in level design and upgrades
- the overall idea is interesting, although the plot development is... ugh...
- some of the graphics suffer from white edges (not sure if that was intended :/)
- in my opinion the car-like steering instead of directional wasd does not go well with isometric games
- also, it gets a little repetitive after a while :(
What you did right:
- the level of detail is incredible, the graphics are marvelous
- it runs smooth, looks like your code works as intended
- little to no bugs
- clever payment system
- execution of theme
Overall impression: Damn good game! The sequel will be a blockbuster ;)
I appreciate your review! Unfortunately annoying sound in sponsor's preloader can't be changed since that is how sponsor wants it to be despite the fact that I also pointed it out :)
two of the sentry drones are stuck on their death animation for me at the labyrinth entrance
Oh sorry about that. I really was trying to make game bugs free.