Most excellent game! Solid scripting. Interesting story line. Simple and fun game mechanics. Cool art and music.
Sometimes the TOR misses to reach a target even though it has the WALL skill.
Protip: Quantity over quality is a wise tactic. TOR + ARCHERS = OWNAGE
its very difficult for me to find a game i like but this game really surprised me. this is a great game.
An excellent game
A few things did bother me, which is why I'm giving a 9 rather than 10.
I liked the graphics and music, as well as the idea - guard towers which spawn units aren't common in these games!
* It's great that it has a story, unfortunately the story here often gets confused due to the non-linear selection of battles (a good feature in itself). It is obvious in some points that I was intended to go through the cities in a certain order, and I didn't. I don't have suggestion to solve this though... :)
* A small related bug - I could see descriptions of monsters in the Great Library after the city in which they appear was accessible, but before I actually accessed it.
* Sometimes available guard posts are overlaid with the scrolling arrows and are difficult to select.
* As mentioned, a way to bring in the next wave would've been nice (pausing is possible by entering the menu).
* The random attacks on my cities made things a bit more realistic, but the fact that my only option is whether to spend resource or not, to improve unknown chances of success by an unknown factor, was kinda frustrating.
* I replayed maps mainly to get the best ranking, earning resources on the side. Near the end I felt I might need to replay the easy maps for resources, which would have been quite boring. Might have been nice to get a larger resource bonus for [re]playing more difficult maps.
* There was no convenient way to show the tutorial instructions again - they weren't displayed when I replayed the tutorial map.
Still, these are just small bugs in an overall great game.
Best TD I've played...so far
Great game. Of course, there are balancing acts to do - I find that upgrading units is usually no good. You need to give more incentive to upgrading - there's a map where all I did was blockade the entrance with swordsmen and archers, and scatter a few more, without upgrading, and still get first rank for it. I found that upgrading only worked best on the first map - you can survive all but the last few waves on 2 fully upgraded archers in the middle...alone.
Brilliant concept, great execution, but a few flaws that nullified aspects of the game.
Story + TD Episodes = NICE!
I like the settings - very nice. The units and their upgrades are pretty good as well. I would LOVE to see some of the locations give certain clues/perks/or story advances that make durable changes.