I remember when this game came out.
It was badass back then...
...it still is.
All it really needs is some weapon customization and some minor bug fixes, but other than that, it's a masterpiece. Nice work :D
This is an amazing and addicting game to play, even if it's riddled with bugs. I almost fell outta my chair when zombies fell out of the ceiling the first time (and now every time).
One problem I have is what I do with the hospital storage room key. I can't seem to find the room it goes with.
Overall, this game rocks!
I'm not suprised
I'm not suprised, Con Artists, you've yet to make a poor game. This is nowhere near bad. The graphics were nice and smooth, the art was well detailed, and the sheer unique appearance to every zombie was amazing. I never found myself fighing a zombie that looked exactly like another!
The game was well created, and I can now see why you have been busy! But a few tweaks are needed, such as:
1. I don't like how unexpectedly those zombies burst through the ceiling. I'm searchig through a room and all of a sudden they come tumbling down. It made me choke on my soda!
2. Junk items need more uses to them, like, if you have a broken board or paperweight, you could toss it, and stun a zombie for a few seconds. Things like paper could be used as makeshift bandages, etc...
3. Your guy thinks like a retard. Your wife even tells you she was bitten by a zombie, but he still thinks she won't become one of them? No. You also should be able to give your wife a weapon, because when I rescued her, I needed someone to save my sorry ass after a zombie rush happened in the sewers.
4. That ending. Sucked. Not to bitch, but seriously, I don't want to be left hanging on what happens next for another five months just to see if my guy makes it out alive.
5. More hats. I made Abraham Lincoln (just for the lolz) but I can't get him a top hat. I don't like baseball caps and the brown wool cap is basically the only other hat in existence as far as I have seen.
Final review - 9/10. Amazingly made with detailed graphics, but has undetailed ending and low customization where headgear is concerned. Zombie rushes are too unexpected.
Good game, but the gameplay path was too linear.
Specifically, I'm annoyed that the player doesn't really have any choices. It's blatantly obvious that the player character's partner is infected. I wish we had the option to leave them in the cage, or even put them down ourselves, because someone who's fought across the half of the city necessary to get there in the first place isn't going to be stupid enough not to recognize the inevitable.
On that part, the player gets forced into carrying the idiot ball, and I didn't like it. I KNEW that things were going to go badly there, and I desperately wanted not to have to be that stupid.
Another thing that annoys me is the companions; specifically, they can be killed. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing, in and of itself, but I wish they only died if the player retreated off the screen while they were down on the floor. It sucks when zombies drop in from above and mob your companion and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.
On that note, I know that there's at least two 'real' companions (as opposed to the gimp companion of your partner,) who can carry guns. I passed up bringing along Hank because I had Kelly and she was doing great, especially when I gave her an M16A2. But when she got mobbed and I went back to get Hank, he wouldn't come with me. I don't know about any others, but I wish there were more Companions - maybe the ones you don't bring will wait in safehouses to switch out? It would also be nice if the Companions had some personality after you rescue them; something to say about events (this may be in, but I haven't been able to see it,) and the ability to change their clothes, give them armor.
It was nice to meet up with the remaining survivors from The Last Stand 1 and 2. It would've been nicer if you could've taken one of them along as a companion.
Otherwise, the ending was okay, I guess, but not really satisfying. The hero and his/her partner escape, the partner lets out a growl, and then... Well, that's it. Not even any hint that the hero might have shot the zombie and swam back to shore, fixed the boat's engine, or fashioned a paddle or anything. I guess it still works as a sequel hook, but the ending was still unsatisfying for a game I spent all day playing.
Still, it was a good game.
When I first played this, I'll admit, I was scared it was going to be a disappointment...but, somehow, you guys pulled it off! I always enjoyed the way you guys set up The last stand 1 and 2, side scrolling and simply, searching buildings by clicking them on a piece of paper, it was simple but really fun. When i saw how much you guys had changed the game up, I was really apprehensive. But it turned out to be great! Probably not the best game for anyone with a shitty computer or connection, but if you have a sweet pc this is a game to play!