Great job! There is one big thing wrong with this (for me at least). The movement is a tad too slow for a side to side shooting game. If this could be improved, it would be a much better game. Love it and great work! 4/5 8/10
I had the same problems..
Great game, well set up. The music is entertaining and not at all distracting. The presentation is awesome as well, cool ship designs. I love the upgrade system, especially the income upgrade. Makes for good replay-ablility and a variety of play styles. Would be a ten if not for the current glitches. (Google Chrome browser)
Things to change:
1. No save feature, that gets slightly annoying when coming back to play more
2. The game slows down wayy to much if you go quickly from the upgrade screen to the gameplay or if too many enemies are on the screen.
3. Game stopped for me at the 450 mile mark.
4. Music synchronization could be a little better; the drastic changes from cruising to boss time are flow killing.
Other than that, great game. I look forward to seeing what you do with it.
i kept playing til i finnished it which took me 10 attempts.
when i finnished it said there was still 198 miles to go on the left so i'm not sure what the go is there.
will bring me back to destroy an asteroid and find out whats in it.
also had all the same problems that everyone else has already written about.
but its definitely a good game, with a few tweaks it could be incredible.
Cool game, but there are some glitches
In the upgrades, you can sometimes keep on clicking a button without anything happening. Enough money, not maxed, but no messages and no upgrades. When I was 2/3 through the game, the music kept playing and the ship kept shooting, but I was not advancing anything any more, nor were there new enemies coming.
Apart from that, cool game! You might want to think about some way to speed up the first part when you have many upgrades though. I can just leave the ship in the middle and wait.
Good but has a few flaws
1) I have noticed that when I shoot something (I assume) as it spawns, it takes that immediate damage then becomes immune. (mostly seen on asteroids and later enemies)
2) If you use the super shield thingy, (I sincerely apologize for not remembering its name) and you use it to kill a boss/mini boss. the game gets stuck.
2a) I believe whats actually happening is that you spawn stuff when the last wave finishes, however, the problem here is that somehow the game isn't recognizing that the ship isn't dead. This problem is likely directly related to the first problem, so if you find one or the other, you should be set.
3) its relatively minor, but why do we always start in the beginning, all it does is eat up time, especially when were upper level and most things die in one hit.