Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
Orb-U-Lator is a new, simple-but-original puzzle game about collecting orbs.
- Collect green orbs to gain points.
- Avoid red orbs, as they will kill you.
- Yellow orbs will provide a random bonus.
While it is not a huge game, it is addictive and has plenty of replay value, as it has lots of unlockable backgrounds.
Be sure to submit a score to the scoreboards!
Not bad, not great either. Just like 'squares' except with not as good graphics. would be better with music
not very new and ive seen better its just very simple but if u add music i may score better
Pretty good and like everyone said, Addictive.
I thought it was pretty fun, but I also thought it could use some finessing and did have some minor issues. Some things that may improve the game:
1. The random 'bonus' should either be good or bad, having it be both makes you almost want to avoid the yellow orbs all together. There is nothing like having everything speed up when the screen is full of balls. On those lines it would also be nice if they were not persistent. One option here would be two different power up orbs. positive effects, and negative effects. It is a thought.
2. It seems like, and maybe it is just my perception, but it seems like you only have 2 states for speed and size. Perhaps you should make the changes more, obvious.
3. Take the invincibility notice out of the center of the screen. Given the power only lasts for a couple of seconds the pop up is distracting.
4. Consider adding powerups that make all of the balls green or red for a period of time.
5. The backgrounds don't really add anything to the game, and the 'cost' is lost in that from just a few plays for high-score my balance was maxed (though I think it may be bugged and stuck at 100000 - Correction I know it is. whenever the bonus area is entered it sets your balance at 100000). Consider adding more extras like different powerups or ball designs/properties. Just a thought.
6. Those things being said, the main 'issue' I take with the game is the ball spawning. I can not say how many times I died from a ball spawning right on me (more than once, but I didn't count so I can't say). Consider making balls either spawn from a random corner (then it is your fault for hanging out in corners) or from a fixed point in a random direction.
7. Also on those lines balls spawning inside other balls with the same movement speed/direction is another problem I ran into several times. Not a fun thing.
Those things all being said, yes the game was addicting. I played for a while (well long enough to make it to #2 on the high score table) and enjoyed myself doing so. The game isn't great but it certainly isn't crap. It has some issues but not major ones, and could really be addressed in a sequel rather than in a resubmit. Going to give you 3/5 7/10 for your simple puzzle/collecting game. Keep up the good work.
Wow, I really liked it!
While it is a bit too simplistic with the art, I really liked the gameplay and it's simple yet addictive nature.
A Zombie Survival Roguelite
Explore the mysterious dungeon in this idle RPG.
2D Top-down Shooter focused on bullet blocking mechanics.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.