This is just a teaser to an animation I partially completed for my 2008 media production assignment. I wasn't completely satisfied with the final submission and wanted to improve and extend it before uploading it on the net.
However, I became preoccupied with Uni life (or I just got lazy XD) and never finished it sooner like I initially planned.
I now hope to continue this animation as having part of it on the interwebz is likely to motivate me again ^^
Any feedback will be appreciated,
Just thought I would throw in a few more points of info:
- The story begins with re-emphasising important elements within each of Sonic and Mario's game worlds and their differences. After the switch between each others worlds, they both need to overcome these foreign elements they're not used to.
- I won't lie, I definitely was inspired by Alvin-earthworms SMBZ, and I'm aware of the hundreds of other Sonic/Mario cross overs out on the web.
- However, I believe my animation takes a different spin on this aspect that is heavily influenced from my early-life experiences with these two video-game icons. There are small amounts of action scenes, but they are not the focus.
- Over 90% of the animation was completed by the end of 2008 (when I submitted it as a Media assignment), I just need to get off my lazy a$$ and finish it.
- Its currently about 15mins long
- This will not be a series. It already has an ending.
- The teaser is a scene that happens roughly half way through the animation.
- And just to reiterate, this teaser was primarily released to motivate me to complete the real thing, now knowing that part of its released to the public (and its working! ^^)