after playing this game from hours i made it to the final boss
after getting my ass handed to me i decided to go in super serious mode and defeated the catgod thing! but a stray bullet left on screen killed me
WTF? i hate those things D:<
So many bullets, rawr
Well, you managed to turn the typical ol' boring frenzy shooter into an amazing game.
Animations were simple yet amazing. Music was amazing as usual.
Attacks were varied from the lasers to the homing missiles to the self-destructing enemies to the circles of bullets. It was all incredibly fun to dodge. The "hit zone" being one pixel is nice because otherwise, this game would be impossible. :P
So far, I've upgraded all my stats to the max and beaten every level except the last bonus one (haven't unlocked it yet). Obviously, this game is EXTREMELY addicting.
One thing: I never really used the "slowdown movement" thing. Going slower wasn't necessary when playing this game, I found.
But this game is perfect. It's incredibly fun to play: what else do you need in a flash game?
hard as crap at times, but that's what a game should be. trying to get the perfect run medal
An engaging game with plenty of surprises.
When I played the first level, I had quite a bit of difficulty. The controls seemed slugging, even when using the mouse. I was afraid that I wasn't going to like this game. But after I got into it, bought some upgrades, then trained a bit on levels I had already finished, it actually got much easier. I've now gotten an A on the Survival level by reaching wave 86. My advice to other players is to ALWAYS READ the tips at the beginnings of the levels, because they make a big difference in stragegy and technique.
What I liked most:
* The characters you can play are quite different in their abilities, and each one has unique strengths and weaknesses that you have to practice. For example, the pharaoh boss was impossible for be to beat with Matt or Natalie, but relatively easy with Lance (I didn't try NoLegs, and I haven't unlocked Anna yet).
* Despite the previous, a single upgrade system controls the skills for all characters. This keeps the complexity down and further highlights the differences between the characters.
* Despite the enemies all being rather simple, the variation in their attacks is amazing. I'm constantly amazed by how creative the authors of "bullet hell" themed games get with enemy attacks, and this game is even a step beyond that!
* Bombs were also a good touch. I naively assumed that the bomb was a standard tool that worked the same for every character, but I've started experimenting with them more now.
What didn't work so well:
* As I said, I haven't unlocked Anna yet, so I have no idea what to expect there. I have beaten level 16 and unlocked only one bonus level, which I didn't do well on. In a game where characters have different dynamics, it's not a good idea to introduce new characters too late in the game, otherwise they become an afterthought. I probably wouldn't have tried out Lance if I hadn't been having trouble as mentioned earlier.
* The primary and sub weapons are a little tricky. Perhaps you might have tried a single gauge for both weapons, but that recharges faster? This would have encouraged players to conserve primary shots to build up a good sub weapon shot.
Overall, this is a great game with a lot of attention to detail and a lot of thought put into it. It's faithful to both the EBF storyline and the Bullet Hell playing style. I've already saved it to my favorites, and I intend to come back to it frequently.
gota say =3
i wonder if matt wanted to make a different game for a change cause gee... this is hard like tohou =3