A good game, i don't have much to say because i just like to rate games.
Nice game, i't like a age of "Aztec" xD
but, i think your badge system, don't work...
The badges seem to work ok I think? I got one of them (the other two are much harder) and it's all coded in the same way. I'm glad you enjoyed the game :)
If anyone has the same bug as the one BugReporter mentions a few reviews below this one, just hold the arrow key pointing in the opposite direction to that which the screen automatically scrolls, then press the arrow pointing in the opposite direction to the one you just pressed (ex: if screen is scrolling to the right, hold left and tap right). This bug is NOT restricted to this game. I have seen it elsewhere and it is trivial to correct, so I have no problem with it.
Awesome game btw!
I played around for ages trying to find that bug and finally worked it out!
If you use a key to scroll and click outside the game (change focus) then release the key... it doesn't know the key has been released.
Solution: make sure the focus is on the game window (click it with the mouse) then press and release the same key again.
For future games I will try to make it automatically release keys when the focus changes. Thanks for the report (BugReporter) and the work-around AgentBunni!
it was okay
first i'd like to give a shout out to steffen144, whose 'very powerful' computer lags at 50+ pop: your computer is shit, my 10year-old laptop did not lag at 200 pop.
okay, to the game. I think this is an okay game, i personally havent played populus, so i cant compare them, but apparently they are very similar. i like the whole rts concept, although i would not go as far as saying its the best i've ever seen on ng.
my main problems with this game:
- Despite that there is a good rts element, you dont really choose what units spawn at which locations (the units are all the same)
- There is only really one strategy for victory: make a crap-load of temples while systematically screwing up the bigger temples of the comp by striking them with lightning. then once you attack, instead of actually relying on your units to kill buildings, simply raise/lower the terrain where-ever there is an enemy building, causing it to self-destruct.
- (for me) It was overall too easy
things to improve on:
- i think that a general increase in the Strategy component (e.g. the introduction of different units/buildings) would greatly increase this game's longevity as a fun and entertaining game
- some kind of multi-player setting, as i think that this game would be Extremely fun to play PvP (even as it is now) as there is no real way to recreate real-life PvP strategy with AI.
- and finally (not really necessary) a slight improvement on the textures of the terrain, to give the game a more lifelike feel (unless of course you wanted the game to have an "other-worldly" feel to it).
thanks for reading.
on teh fence
Im still in debate wether i liek or not..