This game is good if you know how to play it.
It took me awhile to figure out how to play too, but.... I figured out how to make this game as easy as cake.
1.Establish an economy first. Don't bother upgrading anything yet.
2.Build a barracks and a blacksmith- don't bother trading weapons. It costs too much.
3. Upgrades are at the center of the village. The main village has some useful upgrades, as well as building a temple. When you build a temple, it lets you upgrade all of your units PERMANENTLY. Buy the upgrades before getting more soldiers; it will make a huuuge difference.
4. You can move all of the characters all at once. Just select them, tell them where to move, then click "execute move".
5. Use the market to trade in your relatively useless gold for useful materials. When you upgrade "fair trade" enough, you can actually sell back resources for more gold than you can buy them!
6.Your army leaders ALL have individual powers that recharge after every battle. USE THEM!
7.The more soldiers you have behind enemy lines, the more gold you have. That means you have more resources when you trade the gold in.
8. Like the game states, try to keep 2 leaders together to make a more effective defense.
9.When in doubt, retreat. There is no penalty for doing so.
10. Don't let enemy soldiers stay on your precious, expensive buildings for too long. The buildings will be destroyed.
If you think this game is hard, following this will make it easy....almost TOO easy.
I think there is some market glitch where after you fight an enemy army, you can trade an unlimited amount of stuff.
Overall, a brilliant game. Reminds me of the good ole days of Age of Empires.The game has some obvious, glaring glitches such as disappearing people and a super roid-rage swordsman that can decimate you and your buildings in one hit... Otherwise, it is a game that I would recommend to on Newgrounds.