i dont like it
i dont like it
Good, not Great
I really liked Epsilon Strain at first, but as I played more it quickly became repetitive and that led to fustration and boredom. I can think of several ways to easily improve the game to make it more enjoyable and addictive for the player, here are a few:
1) Faster Player and/or enemies. Nothing keeps me on my toes like a charging zombie horde.
2) Different zombie types. All the zombie types had different was a colour change, which is like no difference at all to me. There are maybe 4 types of zombies in the game (weak/fast zombie, slow/heavy zombie, 1-shot zombie, 3+ shot zombie) so lets have a different model for each.
3) Varied level designs. There was a bit of variation (different size / wall colour) but not much. when you get down to it every room was a box or varying proportions. After a while it starts to get repetitive.
4) Different weapons = different projectiles. All the guns fire the same bullets. The damage and number of projectiles may vary by weapon type, but (again, aside from colour) they're all the same projectiles.
I think from here you can guess that variety is the key thing to be improved upon...
Anyway, the strong points:
3) Zombies in Space
4) Good, dark atmosphere
5) Inventive weapon/mod system
6) Good map-based level selection (but not used to fullest potential. Purhaps tactical information could be given besides 1-6 difficulty gradient. Maybe some levels are more likely to have shooting zombies. That's the kind of stuff you could tell us.
Hope you didn't fall asleep, but I though that the author would appreciate somebody being thorough about what they thought. Hope it helps...
One of the greatest games on NG
I love the above camera, like from Smash TV wahich Ive played alot through the 90's till today (I still have an snes and Smash tv and other classic juggernauts), aside from that , the upgrades were not just add-ons to look good, they added to the overall tactics of play which is a great thing to have on any game, the graphics were great, It got a little difficult later in the game, but the addition of difficulty based rooms was interesting, and I loved the music, the idea to incorporate these great songs was what made me feel made this game amazing, besides the gameplay.Some explosive weaponry would be good, a character customization tool would also add some flare, some added audio not just the 2 amazing songs,and finally a hi-score system.
I CANT RELOAD MY LEVELS!!!!
The game was great.
I CAN'T RELOAD MY SAVED LEVEL!
T______T I advanced to the fourth sector in my first play, and as my mom said "go and clean yourself" (she almost said you d*mn hobo! xD) I closed and tried to reopen and was impossible T_T
Apart of that, the game was incredibly GOOD and i wanted to keep playing until the end...
it was ok but a little glitchy