Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
Another short game, only took about 3 days to make!
CODED BY ACTIONSICK!
Sponsored by Zigyugames.com! check out their site!
*Special thanks to Tom Ebblewhite to doing voicing!
WASD to move, Mouse to aim+attack
dude, the mouse attack does not work...such a shame
Mouse does nothing. I can't attack.
Okay for a game made in 3 days.
Although, it could have been great if you spent a little more time working on it. After playing long enough to score a couple upgrades, I feel I've experienced this game enough to write a review. Now, overall it's a decent flash game with an amusing intro scene. Though a few things about it keep "Rufus Da Demon" from being a game one plays for longer than 10 minutes.
1. The inconveniently placed "upgrade" key. If I'm moving with the WASD keys and attacking with the mouse, it's a pain in the ass dropping my guard against a swarm to upgrade.
2. Dying. After spending a decent amount of time building up the might of Rufus, an invisible ghost creeps up and rapes him to death. From there, the player is forced to completely restart. The ability to save would be a plus.
3. The rate of health items. Not even 30 seconds in, I'm greeted by the stolen turkey from the intro that heals my health...when I don't need it. 5 minutes later when I'm getting gang-raped by zombies, an apple heals a small fraction of my quickly depleting health. More healing items, at least early on, would help prevent a player from having to dump out those 2 lightnings just to last to the first upgrade.
4. "For the love of God, where's the mute button?!" Personally, I never liked this music when it originally played in Resident Evil 4. The reason being, it's annoyingly repetitive. You've got 20 seconds of audio being recycled as enemies attack. Though, without Rufus yelling in pain, I wouldn't notice the ghost humping his backside. I understand it's comparitive to RE4's early swarm of "zombies," but after a few minutes it just gives people a headache.
5. "Goddammit Rufus! Use your other arm!" Considering his hulking size, being able to attack ONLY with his left arm leaves his right side horribly exposed. I spent a majority of the time hanging around the edges just to accomodate for this. I understand that Rufus has a devastating left hook, but it's easily followed by an expression of pain on his face because he's fighting as if near death.
This is a great game!
I'm EXTREMELY disappointed! Normally games like this...Toss the Turtle...Goin' up...
But this?! this truly SUCKS!!!!
(1 because you made other good games.)
Watch the transformative power of Art and how Communities change
The Impossible Quiz returns for a Christmas Special
Manage Babylon and its ambitious ministers
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.