I love classic Zelda style games, and this one shows some potential. However I had to rate it down a bit, because the whole game feels kind of clusmy to me.
The interface is clumsy, and it hurts the gameplay. Here are the biggest issues I had while playing:
1. You have to use a mouse on the menu, no keyboard use at all
2. You have to use a mouse to view or buy things in certain shops
3. It takes so many steps to just switch between the mask and the sword
4. The mask shows on the "D" button but you actually press "A" to use it
5. Monsters seem to be able to hit you when they're over half a tile away from you
6. You use "A" to advance text on pop-ups, but have to use Enter to advance text in the cutscenes
7. You have to wait until you are completely still before using a weapon or tool.
I see there is a chapter 2 posted. I'll go check that out next.
Thanks for the feedback. This was actually my 2nd commercial game I made over 10 years ago. I'm currently working on a spiritual successor called The Untold Legacy. You should definitely check it out and follow its development.
It has a Legend of Zelda feel to it. It even has Rubees, which are similar to Rupees. It also has a dude that looks like Beedle. I really like it so far.
this a pretty good game. But how do i kill the dark version of me?\
where is the swordshop? i search a 30 minutes...
If you want a sword. Go to sword shop.