I enjoyed the simplicity of this game, and the difficulty ramp as the game speeds up and the green shrinks.
I don't have a problem with the present physics - leading the drops is all part of the game, later on you have to lead by more than half a screen to hit the target!
Hint: Use your mouse cursor to mark a spot on he screen so when the green passes you drop a present - this helps with consistent leading later on in the game.
Gets you right into the Christmas spirit! It has cool, yet simple animation and a good music loop. The DDR ratings such as "Not Bad" were also good. If I had to make suggestions, I would work on the timing of the present drop. Now I know presents won't fall straight from the sky, but the curve could be improved. This also leads me to more ideas: Make levels. 4 presents or less busted per level would have been easier to achieve. As levels got harder, you could do four things...
1. Continue to make the green zones smaller (which you did, Awesome!)
2. Make taller and shorter buildings...make it possible to crash/easier to crash. It would up the difficulty.
3. Change wind dirrection. If you wanted to make it really hard, put a wind sock at the bottom- show the wind dirrection. Then, the presents dropping would be easier to predict where it would land. This would also get harder...start flat, then add wind resistance or assistance.
4. If you made levels, you could go around the world...Each level is a different part of the world...building variation/scenery change.
This game was neat, but not extensive. If you wanted to make a longer project, I think the 4 suggestions I gave could be of use. Great job!
This is a great game, but the presents follow Santa, when they should be heading downward toward the green area, meaning you have to drop it awfully far away from the house. It would be good if you fixed that. Other than that, good game.
The Timing's Off
I really like the idea. It's like a holiday version of the old paperboy game ... but there's something off with the timing. Instead of releasing the presents when you're over a green house, you have to release when you're way ahead of a green house in order for the package to land in the green area when you are directly over that green house. This makes the game harder to play. I still like it, but if you could adjust the timing, it'd be a lot more intuitive and a lot more fun.
...but definitely room for improvement.
1. The presents move along at the same speed as the sleigh across, making for weird physics.
2. When you score a present, the cheering only goes in the left headphone, which is slightly annoying.
3. Quite slow and still quite hard.