I agree with Zergzealot the things he said to put in this game are great ideas.
Its very fun...
It's the best game ever, you should make a multiplayer version or a WWII sequeal... here's some Ideas:
1. Add more nations like Russia, France, and other European nations
2. When an infantry squad gets near the enemy, they engage in close combat (knives, bayonets... you know).
3. Add aerial support, it makes the game more militaristic.
4. Mines are a good thing to put in battlefields
5. Make the campaign map be an overview of Europe.
6. Make the player choose which route to take in the map to the enemy's capital.
So that's about it, I really enjoyed the game.
Keep up the good work.
The artwork was one of the best ive seen for a flash game. The animation was spot on. The audio was good and the game was addictive but came of a little short. With maybe some more levels and higer difficulty this be almost the perfect game.
Brilliant but to short.
completed it in 15mins. brilliant game though!
Lol'ed at the con artist reference in the newspaper at the end!
Horse feed prices the cause and the result of war? Get The Fuck Outta here!!
War is hell
Very original. Captures the senselessness and slaughter of WWI beautifully. As a fan of the old Close Combat PC games, this is the closest I've seen a flash come. Well done!
Heck yeah! Close Combat 2 was one of my favourite games growing up. The next few in the series should keep you happy too.