Decent but it lacks an element
This element being excitement, i really never got drawn into the game simply because it never excited me. I suppose it could just be the genre of game that it is but i do love the FF games which do an excellent job of creating excitement. I know theres a big difference between you and squaresoft but i still feel you could have done much better.
This game came so close though to being a really great NG classic in my book but it just lacked those few elements. Great work though. I suggest next time you should work on a more compelling story and also perhaps some higher quality voice artist work and gameplay i guess
The end?! are you kidding me
It kind of makes sense now why that last enemy was such a pain in the ass...
this game ended waaay too quickly, If you wanted to promote your game with a DEMO you should've mentioned it beforehand. >:(
So, yeah that was a letdown
On the other hand, what a lovely little game you've put together! :)
Seriously addicting with decent gameplay and music. Graphics don't look too professional but hey it's flash. Still could have done with some more effort on character design etc. The game also lacks somewhat in sound effects here and there but it's barely noticeable.
The storyline seems alright but doesn't strike me as very intrueging, yet.
Anyway, enough complaints. "Sonny" was alot of fun to play and it needs a sequel badly so keep at it.
It's not a demo dude, this is everything we've done :D
Yes, we were under a time limit, so we had to cut a lot of corners, but we wasted a MONTH just scripting the engine, but since that is already done, you can expect massive improvements in all other areas for the next game :D
Super fun and great and all
but when i got to the second level it appears that i hit a difficulty wall. at the start it was an awesome rpg and i really loved it but once i got to the 3rd stage it was shit pants frustrating i would find myself spending time and time again fighting the same enemies and dying and then trying again. And its very obvious why
1. that other guy i'm teamed up with does shit. its impossible to level him up let alone get his HP past 300 and there isnt much i can do to get him hitting people. when the enemies are attacking he wants to do some pissy little power up r when im about to die he thinks now is a good time to attack and not hand out a power up. it's liek he is scared really. im down, lets say, 450 out of 500 and he wants to hand me a power up instead of attacking.
2. leveling up is a hassle, it appears once i get stuck at one enemy(s) i better just turn off the game and wait till tomorrow to reset my levels cuz going out and trying to level up with some practice wont do squat with ONLY a 2% level up. its funny how 1 enemy can level you up as much as 3. and you just give out one physical stat? I can understand that for the abilities thing but i feel a little screwed depending on my armor.
3. honestly what the hell? you can make an RPG and not sell any potions, are you mad? The store is basically useless now. i mean here i am with 3-4 grand running around killing enemies and i need some potions! beisdes i can find better weapons from what those freakin zombies drop then what they give out at the shops.
other then that it was a really fun game, and i hope you read this and see what i am talking about.
1. Veradux can be a pain in the ass. You should only depend on him to either go all out attack and set him on Aggressive, or just healing, and set him on Defensive, but I wouldn't really on him too much. You can stun the enemy to give him more time to react, or just do the healing yourself.
2. The leveling is based on your level compared to the enemy level. The decline is exponential so fighting weaker enemies will have a big trail-off. I think I made it a little too harsh, so I will proabably update that when I install the Dutch translation in a week or so. You will also have 5 Re-Specs a day soon that that should make it easier. When you level, you get a boost to all stats automatically, but you have 1 point to choose for yourself. These points actually do make a bit of a difference so I think it is well balanced already. If I make it easier, you will be overpowered, and the game won't be fun to beat anymore.
3. Haha I'm sorry about the potions. I'll be thinking about that. I just don't like the idea of potions too much, it just seems too clunky for me. But you are right though, I will add more item interactively next game. If you have trouble with Rock Golems, buy that full Defense set, else save your money. You're gonna need it for Zone 4 where one item costs 2k, and you'll need to gear up 6 characters :D
Thanks for playing! Good luck! :D
theres a glitch where after i beat the last ship fight it kept making me do it again and again
u get bored fast