I love the music in this game, i looked threw DavidOrr music list but i couldn't find any of the music in this game, please tell him to put it on newgrounds so i can download it.
Can't have enough of it!
Now now, here is the best Flash RPG Game I have ever experienced! Just marvelous! You have an interesting art concept, you know? The overall quality of animation, design, everything is excellent here. Really creative, very addictive. This actually has... REPLAY VALUE! TONS OF IT! Just...WOW =D
So I would say you became a kind of Icon here on Newgrounds already. What I mean is, if Alvin-Earthworm is the lord of sprite flash (go go MarioBros Z!... where is he btw?), Adam Phillips is the lord of animation in flash (say bitey of brackenwood!), then you're just like the lord of flash RPG games!
Should be obvious!
Keep up the good work!!!
Haha thanks, glad you liked it! I hope people start recognizing me a little more around here from now on :D I'll be pumping out games like mad.
I'm not into writing reviews, but for this game I decided to make an exception ;)
In my ever so humble opinion this game is the best I played on Newgrounds so far. Kept me playing for solid 3 days, but in the end I was actually able to complete it (meaning, I killed ALL the bosses in the 4th area as well!). Of course, the game is not perfect - nothing ever is - and there's always room for improvement, but even as it is, Sonny beats all! Fantastic game.
Some suggestions for the future, just some ideas that came to mind:
- I was often annoyed, because I would lose my character's turn due to another char killing an enemy, which I just targeted. Assasins always make their actions before, say, destroyers (high speed), and it would be great to be able to know, which enemy will they hit and with what (i.e. if they are going to stun an enemy, no reason to stun them again, yes? well, it happens a lot).
- there are 4 classes of characters, but every one of them uses the same skill set! I really missed some class-specific skills. As a destroyer, I was the biggest party healer near the end of the game (for some reason Veradux never goes for regeneration skill and it was more strategic for me to heal, as my focus replenished itself after each turn). Next time, try to improve the diversity of all the char classes.
- if you ever make a sequel, I'd love to see a bit more than just combat! A plot, some mysteries to solve, a bit of adventure... And THAT would be an absolute killer! :)
Ok, if any1 has a problem in the game, feel free to pm me on Newgrounds. I can tell you, how to defeat every major boss in the game, including Sinjid's Shadow. I just didn't want to put spoilers here ;) And for all those whiners, who complain that some enemies are too tough: yes, they are, but they are all defeatable, just use your brains a bit and get acquainted with the skill set. Although this is a combat game, it cannot be finished by blindly hacking with your weapons. You have to plan a bit, to think and be smart.
OK, once again - bloody good game! And my congrats for the score :)
Hiya, thanks for you suggestions!
- You losing a turn after choosing to attack an enemy that gets killed is intended. It adds way more strategy "Oh, should I attack him to make sure he dies this time and risk losing my turn, or stun the healer?" etc.
- Touche on the skill sets. It takes about 1-2 days to program a new skill tree of that size, and we didn't have enough days left. So we had to cut corners. Next game will have unique trees.
- Again, I agree with your last point. This will be fixed in the next RPG :D
this is one of the best flash games have ever played. thank you. and i think your parents for doing the no-pants-dance to give you us!
An amazing game but yah, i cannot beat the Sinjid guy or watever his name is with likw 1024 health. Im a gaurdian and have good magic and decent strength but I cant beat it. GREAT GAME nonetheless.