First off, I would like to say that this is a great game. I normally dislike turn based games, but this one is different! It's one of the best games I've played here on Newgrounds, but I'd have to say it's one of the most frustrating. I think the teammate AI is a little bit out of whack - I can't tell you how many times I've had my healer sit there and auto attack with full focus as I'm at extremely low health. :( I would keep playing this game longer and more often if it didn't force me to quit playing.
The Good: It's creative, it's fun (most of the time), it has many different options, different classes, different specs. I liked how you encourged players to post their ideas about the best way to spec yourself etc. The graphics were good overall.
The Bad: This game has the potential to piss you off alot due to frustrating AI mechanics. The cutscenes could use a little work graphically though.
+2 Replay Value
+1 Cool Features
+1 Details and Length
-1 Uncool Feature (Crazy AI)
Improvements: Try to make a little better team-mate AI. Also, you need to fix how the graphics look during a cutscene, although this is minor. I don't think theres really anything else I can say that you need to do to improve this game.
1) Make the vendors sell more items.
2) Allow the player to see what the items look like before you buy them.
3) Make "sets" in the game. For example, if you find all of "Striker" armor, and a Striker weapon the player could be given a cool new ability or bonus.
4) Make a multiplayer! This game would be 500 times better than it already is if you could play with another person to play with you, or go 1 on 1 against you. This would make a great online game.
5) Allow a single player the option of controlling his teammates' abilities. This would solve the screwy AI problem, but you could also allow the player to allow CPU to control the teammate if they do not feel like controlling it themselves.
6) *IMPORTANT* I would highly, highly, highly, HIGHLY suggest you market this game to a game company. This definately has the potential to become of the best PSP games, DS games, or even a redesigned PS3 or Xbox 360 game. You have a great product, and you could make alot of money.
Overall, great job! It's an extremely fun game to play, even if the AI can be annoying. Great concept, great everything else.
Video Game Worthy
This is one of the greatest flash games I've ever played. The gameplay is amazing, and runs at just the right speed to avoid the break in action that some other RPGs suffer from. The graphics are top notch (although some of the cutscenes between areas could've used a little work). The music sets the tone perfectly, and I was impressed by the fact that you actually incorporated voiceover (though Sonny himself seemed a little too softspoken). The storyline flowed smoothly, I just wish there were more of it there.
If you addressed all of the issues that you already mentioned in your Author Comments (mostly adding more storyline and reducing Exp Grinding), than I think this game could easily work well on the Nintendo DS.
This geme is so good man. Have you ever thought of making it to a console?
It's definitely a good game..
Excellent graphics, Excellent gameplay, Excellent sound.
Just a tip, Maybe you could make it a bit easier for the people who are not known with games like these.
Random: Excellent game.. 10/10
Keep up the good work..
i cant belive characthers talk in this never played a game like it!!!!!!!!!