A few things
I ll rate this 10 cause i haven t rated the two previous ones.
1) This way of playing is bad, not as good as the way we played the two previous chapters, which were GREAT.
2) The way all the spells are gone, take ingredients, and all that is a huge change, with no explanation, and i prefered the old way...
3) The use of mouse plus arrows is not the best.
4) If the series continue, i d really like to see the old way of playing coming back.
5) The entry is old, i really really want to see the game continue and come to a good and interesting conclusion. I m really into it now. So please, one request, continue releasing games please.
Overall, nice job ;)
Needs a little work
I loved the originality of alchemy, but the games format, using both the mouse and arrow keys isn't so good. I got stuck at the port and not sure where to go, so maybe reinstall the hints? Teleportation is nice, but I truly feel quesy when he shows up again. Having more than one party member is nice, but it would be better if the map was revised to a smaller and a little simpler format. The music is great, but after having to battle every 5 seconds (bad luck), the music becomes really annoying. Update and maybe this will be a ten.
Not bad of a game. It was rather upsetting due to the fact that I couldn't sell anything AT ALL. Here is what I would rate the sections of the game.
Controls: 8, because arrow keys and the mouse don't really match. I'd have to agree with nalyr480.
Story: 9 Really good plot. I like how you kinda played it out.
Music: 8 Pretty good choice but it does get annoying sooner or later.
Features: 7 (Like alchemy or shops): LIke I said before, the fact that I couldn't sell anything really bugged me. The alchemy feature was really great but it didn't balance it out.
All this adds up too pretty much to 8.
It could really use some work though. I really hope you fix this before you make number 4 or something or game-play just wont be that fun
Worst so far
As it is now this is much worse then the previous chapter. I liked the levelling bettere in chapter 2, where it told you what the character gained while leveling. Moreover, this chapter is much easier, and shops needs fixing, since it is impossible to sell.
Alchemy is a nice and original system, i liked it. Only problem, maybe, is that the characters already know the "recipes" without any good reason.
Seeing as this was posted in 2007, it saddens me thinking you discontinued developing this game.
discontinued for now ...
we were in quite a hurry to finish this one... spells were supposed to be learned here and there as you progress
mesiria will re-live eventually