I like how cleverly hidden the "Quality Toggle option" is in the first room.
What I liked:
+ 3 for good use of music: All of them had a good mix of "cheery" and "festive"
+ 1 for the space conserving ornaments: It was a good idea placing the identical items on top of each other as apposed to next to each other.
+ 2 for the multiple backgrounds
+ 2 because you can turn on or off the animated menu lights, that was cool.
What I didn't like:
- 1 because the text explaining what the buttons along the lower left hand corner do was really hard for me to read.
Total rating: 7/10. In other words: nice, cheery, but not as good as it could be.
1. Try using a color pallet of pastels; the sharp contrasting colors made my eyes ach after a while.
2. Have the buttons beep or cast shadows (or something) when your mouse hovers over them, at first I thought that all my mouse-clicking was not registering.
3. Give the button explanations a dark outline; It was hard for me to see what they said without leaning forward and squinting.
4. For a better sense of depth, add some shadows and lighting variation to the objects in the room.
5. I do like the window in the first screen, but it could also benefit from a little animated snow fall.
Thank you, this was a fun little game to play.
makes me happy...
For a start, it is quite good. But, there are some things that this flash lacks, but those things can easily be implemented easily, I'm sure of it. Firstly, you should have more variety in this 'game'. The first thing you should add in, and it would actually help keep the entire thing tidy, is a rectangular, possibly transparent 'bar' that holds all the items you can put on the tree. The objects on this bar can be scrollable if you wish, it's all up to you. Secondly, you should allow the user to pick their size of tree, colour of the tree and background images. Thirdly, you should really consider putting in a 'print' button for those 'kiddies' who may come by this game. They'll want to print their image out and hang it up on their walls, so adding this feature would be pretty great.
All in all, it was pretty great. Other then what I mentioned above, it's a great layout. All you need to do now, is add more features to the game, and 'perfect' anything you can. Keep up the good work, PM me when you've released the newer version of the game, so I can give possibly more criticism.
Cute, but no dice.
If you want a good game by Christmas, I suggest adding more options. Maybe being able to have different sized bulb-ornaments, or picking different trees (that's half the fun, and the other is watching it slide off of your car in the middle of the freeway). Think of it like a dress-up game. You want as many different kinds of clothes as possible. :]
I didn't find any bugs, so pretty good job. Basic, but good.
Thank you, this is exactly what I wanted to get for reviews. I didn't even think of having those kinds of options, and am going to add them in now. The full version should be out by Christmas.
You've got some time until christmas
Why submit crap like this so early?You could have at least held off for a month or so and possibly made something worth doing.
I am hoping I will get some good advice, and maybe bugs I missed, instead of reviews like yours.