Remember to come and check the new version on the new submission! http://www.newgrounds.com /portal/view/410667
SORRY FOR THE LONG WAITING...
I've worked a lot on this game, trying to follow all your suggestions, and decided the game was changed so much it was worth resubmitting.
You can find the latest version here: http://www.newgrounds.com /portal/view/410667
It is called "Raptek Arena Reloaded" and really I see it almost like a different game... or at least a second version...
Here is a list of what you'll find in the new version:
- Added SAVE!!!
- Highscores divided between Story mode and Survival Mode
- It is now a little easier to make combos (increased time)
- The longest combo increases the final score
- Combos are worth more in XP
- Removed point limit for survival mode
- Increased Shields Resistance
- Modified prices in shop (many things now cost a little less)
- Special Abilities now cost 1 skill point, just as the rest!
- Cleric has no longer healing skill... it has now a special ability called "Holy Might" Which gives him combat abilities like half a potion of strength, half a potion of haste, and a slight HP regeneration. Increasing this ability power increases its duration, not its power.
- Monster AI a Little Better
- Now it is a little longer (12 levels), so you can earn more money and more px before getting to fight the final boss
- Overall difficulty recalibrated
- The shield is now TOGGLED (one keypress to use it, one keypress to remove it)
- NEW DRAWINGS from the same amazing artist!
- Now you can hold up to 5 objects and You can use buttons 1-5 to use objects
- Better collisions with monsters
Come and play the new version here: http://www.newgrounds.com /portal/view/410667
I will discontinue this, and eventually ask Tom to delete it (if it's possible)
For all who voted/posted/wrote me, I have only one thing to say: thanks :)