I LOVE this game, and I've beaten it every time my data gets deleted, but for some reason with the latest update, the music isn't in sync with your buttons- any word as to why that might be?
DAMN YOU RUN N GUN!!!
I love this game, but i think there needs to be a Pro Hollywise..maybe take out Run n Gun or something i dunno >.>
Warning: Long Review Ahead
Alright, there are going to be three parts. My review, a few suggestions, and finally some tips for the people new to this.
Graphics: Overall, it balances itself. Stick figures aren't the best option, but your drawing skill and the animation made up for it, kudos.
Sound: Come on, this was ALL GOOD MUSIC! You, my friend, have an ear for good songs. Again, mucho kudos.
Interactivity: Most people see this as another boring ripoff of DDR and/or Guitar Hero. Play the game FIRST if you think that! It actually requires some skill and is VERY addicting.
Overall: Near perfection. I am stunned that it has 4.25 for a score (If you voted 0, you didn't play the game. Seriously.) Few flaws here and there, but nothing that hurts it too much. I give it a 9/10. Good job.
I have a few suggestions for this game.
1: The fact that Shinki's SG and all those other special guitars have those annoying splashes is a little... Well... Annoying. I love the guitars, but I can't use them because with the Pro Songs it's hard to see what I have to press next.
2: Needs more music. I'm a maniac for this crap, and that it only has a few songs on a two levels of play and few scattered difficulties within it. Get some more off of NG, and scrap it in. I know it's a lot to reorganize, but it will be worth it. More songs = More addiction.
3. This mat be a far stretch, but how about a training mode, like you can practice the songs and learn the keys easier than having to guess and check on the real thing. That would be helpful. (If you are interested in doing that idea, PM me, I'll fill you in more in depth than here).
Other than that, don't change anything else.
3. Tips for the new players.
Being new to SC Guitar Maniac Dx 2 is the roughest part of the whole game, but it is survivable. I'll give you a few tips to help you get your foothold.
1. A, S, and D before Up, Down, Left, and Right. A, S, and D will earn you more points, so if you honestly can't avoid missing a note, do not miss these. They will add to your score more than the arrows will.
2. Holding keys down after you've successfully hit them will NOT hurt your score! When you start the song "Switch Vs Evil-Dog -> Round 1" on Ametuer, you will run in to some real quick A, S, and D notes. If it helps, you can hit A, hold it down hit S, hold that down and hit D. It may be a little more natural and it will help you, but you have to re-press it again when another one pops up!
3. Don't expect a gold or perfect on the first try. You will bomb a few songs, and you will have quite a few bronze awards (Trust me, my Pro record is FULL of bronzes!). Practice will make perfect, literally!
4. Go with the flow. Don't fight the rhythm! If you flow with the song, you'll not only have more fun, the song will be a load easier.
Finally, 5. Do the songs you LIKE FIRST! If you practice on the ones you like, and then do the ones you hate, the hated ones will be easier, and you will be glad to be rid of them.
Anyways, in closing:
1. Great game.
2. Consider my suggestions
3. I quote from Winston Churchill: "Never, never give up".
Thanks for the detailed review. :)
It's times like this I wish I could choose which 2 show up on the game page...
A really simple to pick up easy to play addicting game what more to say?
Not to mention a great sound track
Can't wait for numba 3
an outstanding game, in fact one of the best rythm games ive ever played, good music, good gameplay, levels range from yawn fest to zomg thts hard, multiple guitars truely great 9/10 5/5