i'm lovin it.
just a couple things. in the infection area, you mispelled body fluids (fuilds) and...uhhh...oh. you should make a rollover effect for symptoms and infectivity things that shows how they will affect your infectivity, lethality, and visibility. maybe make the numbers red when the rollover is happening.
also (completely unrelated) i didn't know what to do about the violence thing, since i guess it's not really violent, but there's a LOT of dying.
good game. i look forward to more.
It's a fine game, keep the good work going on.
Some suggestions for improvement:
-) It's annoying to have to switch back to the world map in order to see how many you've earned.
-) It would be great to be able to see how many points I've earned in a day without having to look at the improvement panel.
-) But most notably: Please look up the borders of Europe somewhere - there's no way India is part of Europe. Even the real Eastern Europe ends at the westernmost margin of what you called Central Europe. You could have Western, Central and Eastern Asia, or Near, Middle and Far East - but please, don't overstretch Europe that much! :D You know, at least they aren't expansive any more ;D
So, but it's a solid game, though.
could be better...
It could use some animations, and a few more features (like selecting what areas you want to infect next)
having trouble with Western Europe? here's an easy way to win in around 100 days:
1. spend most of your points until day 50 on infectivity enhancing stuff (incubation period, waterborne, etc.)
2. at day 50, drop coughing to reduce your visibility by a bit.
3. on days 51-60 don't spend ANY points. you need to save them up for now.
4. eleminate ALL of your symptoms. this should drop your visibility down to zero. it also drops your lethality to zero, so make sure not to spend any points.
5. if you followed step 1 properly, you should have a high infectivity. just sit back and wait until every region is infected.
6. buy a few symptoms (especially sneezing, coughing and vomiting. they increase your infectivity be even more!)
7. as the points come in, buy the rest of the symptoms. the regions should seal their borders very quickly, but you've already got "a foot in the door", so they're pretty much screwed.
Cure for the aids kills all...damn straight...I think there needs to be more animation or little animations to go with the news ticker thingy to make this more entertaining. I got all the people dead in 100 days exactly. I found it entertaining trying to kill off everyone, but once you do that it losses its playability. I'd say it's a good idea, that can be improved with minigames and animations to make the game more fun and interactive. Good try.
5/10 ... Violence...what's more violent than killing everyone? :)
The game is alright. I found it entertaining till about the 15th try where western europe closed its borders to me. Try as I might, I can find no way in hell of infecting that area. People say you just keep the visibility at 1, but that does crap all for me.