Be a Supporter!

Kung Fu - Remix

rated 3.87 / 5 stars
Share Links:
Action - Other

Credits & Info

Oct 5, 2004 | 5:36 PM EDT
  • Daily 3rd Place October 6, 2004

If you liked this, check these out!

Author Comments

EDIT - 06-03-2008:
WOW, finally I managed to retrieve my password, havn't been able to log in for years!, the recover password never worked for me. I'm editing some of my movies with this info to tell you all my site is now, AND Kung Fu 4 will not be completed as the source is long gone :(. I have recently started with Flash again and are only into programming games now, still a noob, I know the basics but it's enough to make some cool games, just need to be a little clever :). There is an updated version of Kung Fu - Remix on my site, I do not bother to upload it here. The site needs updates and some links and stuff might not work... donno when I'll do it :). A lot of my time I spend on www.RecordedAmigaGames.or g.

Note: Special 3 only works when standing in the center of the screen.

READ THIS BEFORE PLAYING!: (or don't post complaints or vote)

As many of you doesn't bother viewing the instructions in HOW TO PLAY, I will explain everything here + more.

You will recieve a password after you have lost all 3 lives and chosen NOT to continue playing.

You gain your first special on stage 2. So no specials on stage 1.

You can't pause when fighting a boss. It would just give you an advantage as you could see what their next move would be. It was also very tricky to code so I didn't other anyway.

You can't use specials on bosses. It would be too easy to win then.

The specials are done by pressing key 1-3, and I DON'T mean the numberpad keys. Too perform a special you have to have enough power. Special 1 requires ONE full powerbar, special 2 requires TWO full powerbars...

Some people have european keyboards and maybe other models aswell. You can set the punch and kick key in the Options. Default is Punch=Z, Kick=X.

I don't know why many of you are complaining over the game being too hard. Have you ever played another game before? This game is easy compared to most games, for example, Nintendo 8-bit games. Do you expect to beat the game in 5 mins??? I didn't spend a year programming this game so that people then could beat it during a coffee break. You DO get a password so you can continue.

Some of you have slow computers. I know how difficult it can be to play this game on a slow computer cuz I have tried it. Therefore I give you this alternate version, same game, but smaller view size:

Use arrow keys and Enter/Space to navigate in the menu.

A remake of Nintendo 8-bit's Kung Fu.

This version features new music, sound effects, moves, bosses, enemies, specials, sprite artwork and much more.

I started working on this game over a year ago. At first I didn't know anything about coding. the first thing I learned was how to make a character walk. Then I learn more and more.

Want me to make more stuff like this? Then please motivate me (donate) :).

Special thanks to Ninja Dude for making most new sprites and to MortalMaxx for making sprites and Beta testing.....

The enemies have some sort of AI. Just walk up to the enemies and punch/kick them. Don't just hold the kick/punch button waiting for the enemy to walk into you attack, that wont work as they will stop just outside your range and kick YOU!



Rated 5 / 5 stars

Sequel ?

Make a sequel because it is one of the best games I played ever since my friends told me about this site.Thanx Lars and Cousin Sammy


Rated 5 / 5 stars

Wow...just wow

Better than the original Kung Fu in every way and so many references. Just awesome...

People find this review helpful!


Rated 5 / 5 stars

Absolute perfection.

Anyone who can't figure out the basics of this game must be retarded. To say you spent an hour and can't even reach the boss is pathetic.
So sit thier, jump kick 90% of the bad guys low kick the other 10%
If you just run to the end of the stiarcase you can't go up it yet cuz you havn't faced the boss yet.
If you stand thier and low kick or just punch or kick, you will get hit! didn't anyone ever play the old school nintendo games?
This is a true gamers game.
It deserves better then the reviews it's gotten by frustrated people who don't read directions.
I was able to beat the thing. THIERS PASSWORDS!
is alien hominid bad cuz it's a lil tough? what about Tetris? or spy hunter? oh jesus, they don't even have endings.

People find this review helpful!


Rated 5 / 5 stars

so, errr, do u like my blue hat?

u bastard!
mega man rocks!
gud game, i gave 10 on graphics cos the games based on a 8-bit game,
gud job
vote 5
on mi list!


Rated 5 / 5 stars

Lovee it=]

Its really funn, i don't think its that hard, except for that vampire guy on level 4 <br> I havn't got the chance to beat em yet though. I want to play the original game too, can you send me a link..? if there is one..

People find this review helpful!