Hello fellow Newgrounds creatives! I recently released my new project Newgrounds Arcade, and it's doing better than I could have ever hoped! A lot of people have been joining and socializing in the chat, playing air hockey together, and watching movies in the cinema (we actually watched Home Alone 1 the other day lol)!
I've got a lot of great plans for the future of Newgrounds Arcade, and I'd like to feature the contributions of more Newgrounds creators in my work! We're nearing version 1.3, the 28th update to the game, and one slight hurdle affecting the quality of this game since the beginning is my complete lack of drawing skill. All of the art assets have been cobbled together to make a fun but messy looking experience, and it was suggested that I reach out to other Newgrounds artists for contributions!
If you are an artist/illustrator and you think one of your previous submissions would better fit a sprite or background or something that's in the game, please let me know! I'd love to feature your art in any way!
Some things I can think of that need work:
- I want to replace the game select screen buttons with a arcade machines that match the game type (to make the game select screen look more like an arcade and less like a menu).
- I have no art assets for the Eddsworld minigame. Currently I want it to be a run and gun platformer inspired by Zombeh Nation/Attack, but I can't draw the assets, nor can I find usable .pngs online xD
- The buttons are currently styled in CSS. I would like to eventually replace them with custom sprite buttons :)
- The cinema background is pretty lame, I think it'd be cool to get an image of a theater with newgrounds characters sitting in the seats or something!
- I'm planning on adding more plushies, as well as other prizes and unlockables!
- I'm planning on adding Newgrounds Slots, Newgrounds Pinball, and Newgrounds Pachinko!
- I need art for The Hub, a little virtual arcade inside of NG arcade that you can wander around in. Right now it's very visually bland and barebones.
- Any current background could be replaced probably, if you've got a better one :D
If you are a musician/sound designer and you would like a track or sound featured in the game, send it to me! I'd like to diversify the BGM/SFX a little more :D
If you are not a content creator and just have good constructive ideas on how to improve this game, feel free to message me or join the Discord!
Credit will be given! If your contribution is significant enough, you will be added to the project as a contributor and given the contributor role in the Newgrounds Arcade Discord. I can't wait to make you a part of Newgrounds history!
(As much as I want to, I cannot currently compensate you monetarily for your contributions at this time. If you contribute enough to be added as a project member, you will receive a share of any revenue generated!)
P.S. IF YOU ARE A PROGRAMMER FLUENT IN CONSTRUCT 2 (ESPECIALLY MULTIPLAYER/NETWORKING), PLEASE CONTACT ME MY CODE IS SO SLOPPY LOL