00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

NG Vegetarian Community

48,457 Views | 583 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-18 16:01:55


Cashclock for posting here you are now flagged as a vegetarian.

Have a nice day!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-18 16:04:31


At 12/18/08 03:28 PM, Sensationalism wrote:
I'm getting pissed off at all these meat-eaters coming in here for a debate. THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR THAT.

Thanks for inforcing the rules sentationilism.


BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-18 20:02:49


Wow this is the vegetarian community not vegetarian overlords, I don't know what you think but that person was just asking, not saying how stupid and weak we are. Second lets not argue with those people and just answer there question and then continue with our non meat eating lives.


.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-18 23:10:32


At 12/18/08 08:02 PM, kittenclock wrote: Wow this is the vegetarian community not vegetarian overlords, I don't know what you think but that person was just asking, not saying how stupid and weak we are. Second lets not argue with those people and just answer there question and then continue with our non meat eating lives.

I did answer the freakin questions!


BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-19 19:52:45


(Sorry for not coming in here all too often)
I completely agree with Sensationalism (fingers crossed, hoping I spelled it right) about that it's just as bad to eat a dog as to eat a pig.
I always think people are so stupid for thinking the chinese are cruel for eating dogs.
It's just because they associate the dog with their lovely pet. Like in India for example, where they don't eat cows, that's almost the same thing, the cow is holy for them, so they won't eat it.
Though I have respect for all kinds of animals, I don't believe people saying animals have no feelings.
They need to realize that humans are animals too.

Anyway, sorry for covering again what's already been covered.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-19 22:34:20


At 12/19/08 07:52 PM, MICHhimself wrote:
They need to realize that humans are animals too.

Yes because people are stupid.


BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-20 12:33:41


At 12/19/08 11:28 PM, Sensationalism wrote: shabbo I looooove you for making this club!

Uh, thank you I guess.


BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-20 14:13:59


I'm fine with answering questions about vegetarianism but when they are stupid or critical I don't have much patience. How about I act like a dick when someone asks a stupid question, and you answer them nicely? We'll be a team; like good cop bad cop.

Yes that would be a great idea, wait your not being sarcastic are you? Anyways I think this club deserves it's own art page so I'll make one if anybody's want's me to.


.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-20 14:19:20


wha choo guys eating at Christmas

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-20 15:31:04


At 12/19/08 10:34 PM, shabbo wrote:
At 12/19/08 07:52 PM, MICHhimself wrote:
They need to realize that humans are animals too.
Yes because people are stupid.

I'm having a hard time figuring out wether you're being sarcastic here.
2 possibilities:
1) You think animals are stupid, and are therefore sarcastically agreeing.
2) You really agree, and you just say people are stupid for thinking that.

Please tell me which one, sorry for being dumb.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-20 18:37:37


Drum roll please... I made a vegetarian art thread for everyone http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1007 577.


.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-21 16:30:43


At 12/20/08 06:37 PM, kittenclock wrote: Drum roll please... I made a vegetarian art thread for everyone http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1007 577.

hmm.. too bad it was deleted before I could even view it..

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-21 17:00:13


Hey guys, I sort of forgot to tell you that I was going to Chicago for like five days. So uh, I went to Chicago and now I'm back.

This is related to vegetarianism because I had some of the most badass vegetarian meals ever. Lots of pasta.

At 12/20/08 06:26 PM, Sensationalism wrote: I don't know yet what I'm eating for christmas. Gonna try to buy some silk egg nog stuff. If I can't find that I'll just get their chai stuff.

silk nog is SO badass, I think I'll get some today.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-21 19:52:41


At 12/20/08 03:31 PM, MICHhimself wrote: I'm having a hard time figuring out wether you're being sarcastic here.
2 possibilities:
1) You think animals are stupid, and are therefore sarcastically agreeing.
2) You really agree, and you just say people are stupid for thinking that.

Please tell me which one, sorry for being dumb.

Yes sarcasm.


BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-21 22:39:41


At 12/21/08 07:33 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Find some good veg restaurants did you? I rarely have luck with going out to eat.

Yeah, but you're vegan. I'm a vegetarian, and a lacto-ovo vegetarian at that :P

Sounds like you had a good time in Chicago, right?

yes and no. There was a little drama between me and my ex. she is my friend, we're on good terms and stuff. but still, it was weird for numerous reasons. I'm not gonna explain here, but if you're like dying to know about teen drama i'll explain in a PM or something.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-22 00:22:45


At 12/22/08 12:17 AM, Sensationalism wrote: Did you guys hear about this gothic cat thing?

The one through the neck particularly disgusted me.

): poor kitties

Oh. Fun fact: I ate BK's veggie burgers for a while until I found out they used eggs in them. grrr

Why would you eat at BK in the first place?

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-22 01:29:59


At 12/22/08 12:48 AM, Sensationalism wrote: I wanted to show support for their efforts to provide an option for vegetarians and it was right across from my school. I didn't eat there often or anything, but I did go over there a few times. Plus, a cute girl worked there.

yeah but why would you want to support such an awful company blahhhhhh

oh, a cute girl you say? i understand now :P

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-22 17:00:42


Also, don't eat twinkies, guys. It's got beef oil as an ingredient. I was curious once and read the box while at the store.

I don't think you should eat twinkies in the first place.


.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-22 22:47:56


At 12/22/08 10:45 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Oh, have anyone of you gotten any family members or friends to stop eating meat after you did?
My sister went veg after I did. Now there are actually a few vegetarians in her grade because of her, and her best friend is pescetarian but used to eat chicken and turkey.

My parents are semi-vegetarian now since they cook for me, and don't want to cook separate meals. That's about as close as it gets.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-23 02:29:49



Oh, you are lucky! I had to cook all my own meals and make my sister food when I changed my diet. It's cool because even though your parents still eat meat, they eat less meat now!

Dude that sucks you have to cook your own meals, since your parent's aren't vegetarian's. Here's a sad face for your sacrifice :(


.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-23 03:18:10


Ok guys and girls, I have to go on a ski trip with mah family (YAY) and I wont be back until X-mas day.
So the job of leader is up for grabs for the first person to post and take the chance.

The job is until X-mas.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-23 03:29:13


At 12/22/08 12:17 AM, Sensationalism wrote:

Poor kitties.


Oh. Fun fact: I ate BK's veggie burgers for a while until I found out they used eggs in them. grrr

Ok, ill let you stay in the club.

Last post before I leave.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-23 13:16:30


At 12/23/08 03:29 AM, shabbo wrote:
At 12/22/08 12:17 AM, Sensationalism wrote:
Poor kitties.

Oh. Fun fact: I ate BK's veggie burgers for a while until I found out they used eggs in them. grrr
Ok, ill let you stay in the club.

Last post before I leave.

I posted first I am the leader *evil laughter*, anyways (I eat eggs I just don't eat, fish, cow, pig, chicken, llama,goat, and all other animals) BK is evil why would you go there?


.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-23 13:56:50


i wish iwould of posted sooner to b leader :'(


BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-23 17:08:29


I'm a vegan, have been so since I was thirteen. Next August I'll have been a vegan for five years. Not bad, that. Preceding that time, I had been weaning myself off meat products, ultimately eating only sea-animals for 1-2 years or so before going vegan.

I think it's a positive thing that there's a vegetarian community here, people really do have to open themselves up to the fact that vegetarianism isn't a strange thing. At the risk of repeating this already stated here (I haven't read the entire thread), I remind people that it's mostly in the western world that meat-eating is so abundant and regular.

I eat no dietary supplements, and I have no nutritional deficiencies at all, in spite of living in Iceland - not best known for its fresh produce. Take that, nay-sayers.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-23 20:17:24


At 12/23/08 05:08 PM, Neptunus wrote: I think it's a positive thing that there's a vegetarian community here, people really do have to open themselves up to the fact that vegetarianism isn't a strange thing. At the risk of repeating this already stated here (I haven't read the entire thread), I remind people that it's mostly in the western world that meat-eating is so abundant and regular.

Another club member, as leader until the 25'th I must give you a high five for joining. *holds hand up ready for high five*


.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-23 20:56:18


*reluctantly prods the hand*
I'm not much of a high-fiver, but the gesture is appreciated.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-25 01:53:37


At 12/23/08 11:54 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Congrats, I've been vegan for about the same amount of time. I never really ate aquatic animals, so the last meats I ate before stopping were chicken and turkey. Things progressed from there.

My last meat meal was a horrific frozen chicken and rice burrito from school. Gave me the shits.

At 12/24/08 01:11 AM, RKThrilla wrote: I wish I could force myself to be a vegetarian, but I just love meat, plus I weigh 110 pounds so if I got off the meat, I would probably weigh like 95 lol :D

I was 120 when I went vegetarian, and I went down to 115, but now I'm up to about 120 again.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-25 08:05:02


Hmm I can't remember I lost any weight when I became vegetarian.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2008-12-26 18:27:07


I had some trouble getting home so im back now.


BBS Signature